Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as we all think we would all make great managers Pep is the go to guy we has fans know fuck all
Totally agree with that. If we were as good, we’d all be earning £15m a year etc.

Sometimes, a signing doesn’t feel right though and us know nowt fans will shout it from the rooftops anonymously on a City forum.

Pogba falls into that category for me and probably a fair chunk of other posters on here.

I‘m not foolish enough to say he couldn’t work here and he could be a revelation, but that doesn’t stop me watching a supremely talented footballer be lazy and have a questionable attitude whilst playing for our most hated neighbours. Someone we have ripped the piss out of for the past 6 years etc.

Ok, stats are facts at the end of the day.

How you feel about our corners isn't a fact.

You mentioning Delap is bizarre. He’s not good enough to be our first team striker. We can’t bring him on as part of a set piece team, so anything else is just noise. Especially as he has no real reputation for scoring from corners.

You seem to demand that every corner kick is delivered perfectly onto the head of moving players. You know that involves a lot of luck, right?
Thanks for the lecture. Have a good night. I’ll keep my opinions to myself in future. Foolishly thought this was a forum of tolerance. I’m out of here.

Thanks for the lecture. Have a good night. I’ll keep my opinions to myself in future. Foolishly thought this was a forum of tolerance. I’m out of here.
No one has told you you can’t have an opinion.

You’re a glass half full kind of guy.

We could win every game by 5 goals and you’d moan about how we don’t score enough corners or that our goal kicks aren’t booted up field enough.

I get it.

You don’t need to worry as much though as we tend to win 75% of the games anyway.

Just enjoy it, don’t get grumpy because we haven’t reached the percentage of goals scored from corners that you’d like.

Or, become a set piece coach and make us score from every corner.

Last edited:
City want Pogba and it has to be said we get more transfers right than wrong. Once he signs, we will all cheer him until he has a bad game. Then he will be back to being called a self indulging, dabbing ex rag lazy prick. So whether you are for this transfer or not, both sides of the argument will win.

Oh raggies lost 4-0 hahahahahaha.

I know he's been offered, I know it was at his behest, I know we are interested. I know City aren't yet sure he could yet end up at PSG.

IMO It was steered yesterday to gauge the public reaction and give Pogba and City a more informed take on things.

Can't fault Pogba, he's not making it about money, just wants to be winning things in a successful team.

I think we would be crazy not to give it a go, we have far bigger stars than United in our dressing room.
I can’t believe public opinion would be a factor. If you wanted to recruit someone because you were convinced they could improve your team, anyone else’s opinion would be irrelevant

I think our centre backs aren’t great at scoring goals from corners. That’s when your stats improve. Not getting a beanpole striker to only influence the game from set pieces. If you want that, could I suggest you buy a season ticket at Turf Moor?

When Ake plays, we are much more of a threat from corners. It’s not just who takes them, it’s the players’ movements and desire too.

The margin between hitting the first man and over hitting the ball is much smaller than you think it is.

I think corners are just a numbers thing. Most teams seem to have 3 big men who can defend. When we have 4 threats we seem to be pretty dangerous (ie when Aké plays LB). When it's 3 we're just cancelling out their big men and hoping something happens.

With Aké, Laporte, Stones, Rodri, Pogba and Haaland all attacking corners I would wager we'd be very dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.