Paul Power | Thoughts, memories, recollections, ratings?

Only saw him at the end of his career. When he scored against us for Everton. Still remember my old man saying "typical".

Great player. Gave everything for City in a match. Unique celebration. After he scored in the semi time stood still for a split second before we went mad. The longest 20 minutes of my life after that to the final whistle.

Great all rounder. Club Captain. That goal v Ipswich in the semi in 1981. Unusual gait, fantastic Melchett like tache. Blue to the core. Should never have been sold to Everton.

I was behind the goal for that beauty and it’s one of my all time favourite moments in the clubs history .. We went fuckin mental when that hit the back of the net ..!

My first idol as he was left footed (like me) and captain. His form in the cup run in 81 was outstanding! I never saw any bad in him and was too young to analyse his performances so I Suppose I’d be called a ‘fan boy’ nowerdays haha

Like a few others I was behind the goal for that superb strike.

A very underrated player.

In 1982 his wife and my first wife were in beds next to each other in Withington hospital when his son and my second son were born.

Met him again some years later when our sons played football against each other.

A nice guy who I'll always have the utmost respect for.

Met him once at Manchester airport in 2003 when he was with City’s academy.
Very nice guy and a splendid tash to boot.

I think the 81 cup final season was his best for us…..gave us some great memories in the cup run and obviously scored some vital goals.
In truth he was a little limited ability wise but had a good engine and decent pace.
In the good seventies side Tony Book seemed to sacrifice Peter Barnes to get Power into the team (ability for graft)
All in all a good player for us but nowhere near a great.

A very underrated player, that goal in 81 will never be forgotten

Met him in Barcelona and he was top notch, he was a great player for City and was blue through and through, I used to cringe hearing blues screaming pure venom at him from the Kippax, for some reason some called him Gladys I've no idea why, he didn't deserve the shit he got from the stands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.