Paul Power | Thoughts, memories, recollections, ratings?

when he scored against ipswich in the fa cup semi- final, the whole of the holte end went mental [ city end ] but what a leader and player, seen and talked to a couple of times at city and i always ask what his feeling was at villa that day
I had a reasonable view of that free kick from the old main stand, but couldn’t tell if it was going in from my angle. All blues round about me were quiet as the ball arced towards the goal. Amazed when it hit the net.

PP read law at Leeds Poly, whether he went on to qualify I doubt. Too busy playing our silly game.
Not saying you're wrong but I distinctly remember reading, many many moons ago (I mean, I think it was in Shoot! and he was still at City - it was that long ago) that he qualified at Queens University Belfast.

Not saying you're wrong but I distinctly remember reading, many many moons ago (I mean, I think it was in Shoot! and he was still at City - it was that long ago) that he qualified at Queens University Belfast.
He may have done that after poly, but it seems unlikely. Deffo part one of qually at Leeds. Maybe back then you had to do a uni exam after a poly course.

Like many, I have a lot of time for Paul Power. Always thankful for the incredible memories of his goals at in that 81 cup run. That was his best season in my view.
Never really thought he was much more than a decent to good player. He only needed to be decent-good when surrounded by the King (for a short time), Asa, Owen, Tueart etc.
Also, only needed to be decent-good and he was good when Bond put together that well balanced team which had a good mixture of ages, grit, skill and personality.
Unfortunately just being decent when in Div 2 and the likes of Johnson, Chris Jones, Bodak etc. Really bad he got booed, I remember it was the back end of 83-84 when we had drifted away from promotion, had a lot of frustration taken out on him.

@KS55
I Googled it and the only reference to his studies that I could find says Leeds Poly and nothing about QUB.
Clearly, Shoot! got it wrong beause my memory is infallible. ;-)

Loved him as a player and saw him with school kids when he was with City in the Community. He came to school, coached the kids and was a straightforward, no edge, no arrogance guy. Always happy to chat about his days as a player. Found the same with Alex Williams and Barney Daniels too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.