Paul Power | Thoughts, memories, recollections, ratings?

Always remember Gerald Stinstad calling him Paul Paaaaar....

When he wasn’t having a crafty one in a mucky cinema that is...

Gerald not our Paul that is

Met him a couple of times through his son’s athletics as a youngster. He was really well thought of at Everton too.
As others have said, a fantastic bloke; wish him all the best.

And on a wider note, isn’t it great to have an appreciation thread for someone whilst they’re still about?!

Very solid, very professional and always gave 100%. A good captain too although watching him when he first broke through I never envisgned him becoming skipper. Loved his goals in the Cup run especially v Everton and v Ipswich.

Hello all, some talk of the Tottingham 1981 cup final replay on another thread. Just wondering what is everyones thoughts on Paul Power. He was a long loyal servant at a time where there was loads of swapping and changing but hes never mentioned when talking about our legends. He stayed with us when we went down, was he THAT loyal or was he not good enough to be sold?? He was a stallwart for us nearly always in the team but never mentioned getting near the England side so just wondering how good he was?

He was skipper when my Dad first started taking me so I thought he was ace (although god knows what "knowledge" that was based on at the time) He also managed to swindle my Dad and I tickets for the Everton FACup QF replay at Maine Road through a mad connection of my mams hairdressing business so Im quite biassed. Just wondered what everyones thoughts are / were on him.

I thought he was a damn decent player, especially when you look at some footage of him, he had a cracking left foot with a hell of a cross and scored some vital goals during our Wembley run in 1981.

He also got himself a move to a pretty damn good Everton side when he left City.

I was too young to really see strengths and weaknesses. I couldnt see beyond the cool tash. Just interested in other peoples thoughts...

very, very fast and fairly tough

My first idol as he was left footed (like me) and captain. His form in the cup run in 81 was outstanding! I never saw any bad in him and was too young to analyse his performances so I Suppose I’d be called a ‘fan boy’ nowerdays haha
better than a boo boy, weirdos that wreck a player's career, the guy was a blue through and through but still got the boo treatment, same as Edghill.

What do they get out of it?

'City have the Power to arrest Crooks' - Iconic - Does anyone know who was responsible for that banner?

Great player, great bloke and criminally underrated by many Blues. Part of a fantastic midfield with Asa and Gary Owen, I think all left footed? I remember battering Leeds (on the pitch) possibly Boxing Day 1976 ish, he and we were fantastic that day. I think PP was also a trained lawyer? Saw him on the team about 3 years ago and he was happy to have a chat (I think he was happy, I was pissed)
PP read law at Leeds Poly, whether he went on to qualify I doubt. Too busy playing our silly game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.