Peaky Blinders

watch it on BBC IPlayer, Great TV,Best dramaI've watched all year, refreshing change from repetitive soaps/reality shite and Xfactor/ come dancing.

Seems like good news for "Peaky" fans...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-24684419" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi ... m-24684419</a>

Peaky Blinders, BBC Two's between-the-wars drama, is to return for a second series in 2014.

The show, which takes its name from the gang's habit of wearing flat caps with razor blades hidden in the peaks, is set in post World War I Birmingham.

Its first series drew audiences of around 2.4 million, the BBC press office said.

Creator Steven Knight said it was a story of "extraordinary times" told in an "extraordinary way".

A second six-part series, which will start filming early next year, will see the Shelby family expand their empire to the north and south while maintaining a stronghold in their Birmingham heartland.

Mr Knight said: "I am so pleased we will be able to continue to tell this story of a working class family living through extraordinary times in an extraordinary way.

"The Peaky Blinders will march on to many surprising places and fight astonishing battles as the 1920s begin to roar."

BBC Two controller Janice Hadlow said the show was "utterly compelling" and was delighted with the prospect of its return.

simonk said:
loved it, but felt the ending was a slight let down,

I agree with this. I thought the series in general was excellent apart from the last episode, which I found a let down & slightly ridiculous.

First time i'v watched this, looks good but can't understand a friggin word the Brummies are saying

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.