PED Use in the EPL

I am curious what everyone's thoughts are regarding use of Performance Enhancing Drugs in the EPL. I like in the US and it is clear that all the major sports have some level of doping happening and in most it is probably a level playing field in that all the teams and players are using more or less the same doping techniques.

I am not sure what to think about PED use in football and the EPL in particular. One thing that has really stood out this season is in most of City's poor performances in the league, they have lacked the energy of their opponent. They've not gotten to many second balls, and generally were just outrun by the opposition. Also, in general it seems some teams played with obscene amounts of energy for big stretches this season. Given that, to make it to the level these players have achieved they are some of the most competitive people on the planet, I find it hard to believe that the lack of effort is due to one team wanting to win more than the other. The other teams just seem more fit than our squad.

I had mostly chalked it up to City being involved in so many competitions and their players being heavily involved in their international squads until Sakho was charged with a Drug Violation. The idea that it was something he did not know was in a 'fat burner' is laughable. But what is not clear is, does Klopp or LFC promote the use of these substances? One thing that has me suspicious is that Klopp's sides seemed to always be so energetic in the Bundesliga as well and it is clear they play with more energy than they did under Rodgers.

Tottenham, and Southampton similarly played at ridiculous intensity under Poch, and their injury record appears to be remarkably good given their style of play and an argument could be made that Leicester, with their ability to find cast offs who are playing at levels they have never achieved in the career prior to this season, are benefits of PED use as well.

On the other hand Arsenal always seem to struggle to maintain high levels of intensity and have a terrible injury rate with their players. Wenger is the most outspoken manager regarding the use of PEDs and I am starting think that is not coincidental.

Given City's inconsistent effort and injury rate under Pellegrini I doubt they are doping, or at least they are doing it very poorly. I am curious how that might change under Pep, or if it will at all. Mostly, I am curious what the opinion of local fans is around PED use in the Premier League.
Just found this thread when looking to post this Balco video ahead of the Olympics.
Having watched this, I’d be amazed if none of this made its way into football over the last 30 years. Yet compared to other sports you virtually never hear about it.

Just found this thread when looking to post this Balco video ahead of the Olympics.
Having watched this, I’d be amazed if none of this made its way into football over the last 30 years. Yet compared to other sports you virtually never hear about it.

"Wazza" Rooney was definitely on this. Developed too much muscle mass at a young age, lots of recurring injuries and his rapid ageing are all signs of PED's, knowing how clumsy he is, he probably used the generic stuff instead of the high end expensive stuff used by the likes of a certain Portuguese...and a certain Argentine.The Brazilian Ronaldo also used this stuff.

Recently, The chefs at Bayern seem to have found some kind of special Brotwurst and Broccoli diet that helps footballers get Jacked as soon as they make the transfer to FC Hollywood. Say what you will but the Germans have a culture of eating 100% organic produce.

because the players that get caught get a sudden bout of injury and take the ban don't want to damage the product now.
That might be the case, I’ve no idea.

I may be wrong, but I did think that the testing in football was at a much lower level to other sports - that it was urine only and not blood that was tested, and there was no ‘biological passport’ etc. Hopefully someone can correct me.

That might be the case, I’ve no idea.

I may be wrong, but I did think that the testing in football was at a much lower level to other sports - that it was urine only and not blood that was tested, and there was no ‘biological passport’ etc. Hopefully someone can correct me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.