Pele

Of course, nobody has valid arguments saying otherwise because people whining about playing in Brasil (the Brasilian league was the best back then because nobody was moving to Europe; think of Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Cafu, Dani Alves etc. all in the same league playing each other week in week out, as well as Santos beating the top European clubs), not to mention people who never had the chance to see him play won't have been bale to see him play at his best when little or no archived video footage exists.

That said I respect different generations and I don't think it's feasible to compare someone who played in the 60s to someone who plays 50 years later as so many things have changed.

Pele is the first true superstar in football. He came in at the time when the world cup solidified itself as the grand stage of the game on a global scale. A true ambassador for the beautiful game.

Great with both feet, short but dominant in the air, freekicks, dribbles, speed. The man had it all and his accomplishments will take a while to be repeated. And for those saying he played in a time when football was 'poor', have you considered that maybe he was way ahead of his time and still worthy of credit? Maradona was a great player as well, but he still stands in the shadow of Pele's accomplishments and what he did for football.

Blue Hefner said:
A bit off topic but I got his autobiography for Christmas, anyone read it?

Yeah I have. It was a few years ago mind, however from memory it was a pretty good read, goes into his childhood and personal life quite deeply.

Code:
And for those saying he played in a time when football was 'poor', have you considered that maybe he was way ahead of his time and still worthy of credit?

Nope, they somehow believe that defenders of his period would all by Kompany's now and he would stay on same level as he was then.

i am really starting to hate this "muppet in denial".pele is an ass

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16661825.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16661825.stm</a>

Pele says "Lionel Messi is not the greatest ever player"

Lets not forget that pele had no protection like messi. He would get the shit kicked out of him every game from what I've seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.