Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt the Giant said:
LEDC said:
Matt the Giant said:
And on the very same day, Roberto Martinez says he will reveal his future within 24 hours.
Will he be Manuel's assistant manager? I think so.

But Pellegrini said that he is moving with all his coaching staff. I don´t think Pellegrini would demote Cousillas to be a 2nd assistant or Martinez agreeing to be the second assistant.

I took it as all the staff would leave Malaga, not necessarily follow Manuel to Manchester.

He has been working with them since their stage at San Lorenzo de Almagro. I don´t see them splitting now.

Matt the Giant said:
LEDC said:
Matt the Giant said:
And on the very same day, Roberto Martinez says he will reveal his future within 24 hours.
Will he be Manuel's assistant manager? I think so.

But Pellegrini said that he is moving with all his coaching staff. I don´t think Pellegrini would demote Cousillas to be a 2nd assistant or Martinez agreeing to be the second assistant.

I took it as all the staff would leave Malaga, not necessarily follow Manuel to Manchester.

I'd say some will but if we want to do things properly we must recruit our own guys to stay for years.

LEDC said:
Matt the Giant said:
LEDC said:

He has been working with them since their stage at San Lorenzo de Almagro. I don´t see them splitting now.

It would be perfect to have Martinez blossoming under the wings of Pellegrini, but it doesn't make sense when it was only yesterday that City confirmed Viera to be the head of EDS only for him to develop to become a City-manager one day.
If Pellegrini comes, he needs ot form his own team and that might be of more importance than the man himself coming in. I expect pellegrini to take City another few steps foreward. Big fan of his.

NipHolmes said:
Matt the Giant said:
LEDC said:

I'd say some will but if we want to do things properly we must recruit our own guys to stay for years.

My thinking as well. If Martinez would be appointed as our assistant manager, surely that would be the first step in a long term plan.

And I don't think Pellegrini would be in a position where he could demand #It's all my stuff or no one". He's getting the best manager job in the world.

Matt the Giant said:
NipHolmes said:
Matt the Giant said:

My thinking as well. If Martinez would be appointed as our assistant manager, surely that would be the first step in a long term plan.

And I don't think Pellegrini would be in a position where he could demand #It's all my stuff or no one". He's getting the best manager job in the world.

that´s part of the negotiations, but I don´t see why City´s management would be stiff about that, at the same time I don´t see why Pellegrini would left now Cousillas or why Martinez, having premier league experience as coach in Swansea and Wigan would accept to be assistant manager again.

LEDC said:
Matt the Giant said:
NipHolmes said:

that´s part of the negotiations, but I don´t see why City´s management would be stiff about that, at the same time I don´t see why Pellegrini would left now Cousillas or why Martinez, having premier league experience as coach in Swansea and Wigan would accept to be assistant manager again.

Because two years as an assistant with us is without doubt the most reliable and quickest way to being a manager for one of the absolute greatest clubs in the world. Roberto is only what, 39?
People suggesting Vieira would be ready to take over Man City in two years after managing the EDS are very optimistic, even naive. However he might be ready to take the assistant role to Martinez.

Being given the Golden Shield of Malaga today... he is a hero there, Malaga fans and players absolutely gutted he is leaving. He has been the glue that held them together.

BK3cYk8CcAAMcuS.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.