Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 2.

Chelsea according to the Sun have Mourinho's signature on a deal set to be announced next week after the Spanish season finishes

SheeshKebab said:
Sorry if this one's been posted everyone!
Pellegrini on Youth at city and style of play ... having a crisis me.

Manuel Pellegrini has given the clearest indication yet that he will take over from Roberto Mancini by revealing he already has an arrangement with Manchester City.

"I have a verbal agreement with them and hopefully that can become official," the Málaga manager told the radio show Al Primer Toque.

The 59-year-old Chilean added that he is excited by the prospect of a move to England. "I have always liked challenges and I am very excited by this project," he said. "The idea is to build a project at all levels. The chance to construct an infrastructure is as important to me as simply turning up at a team that has a chance of winning things. For me, the objective is not just titles."

He then set out his football ideas. "You have to know where you are and how you are going to progress and develop the club," he said. "I want to win titles and do it with a certain style of play. It is not just about winning, it is about image as well, helping build a club that has resources, stability, a long-term plan, that plays attractive football. I believe that the better football you play the better chance you have of winning. In that sense I am results-driven too, but it is deeper than just the egotism of wanting to turn up and win."

Pellegrini indicated that he had an understanding of what City's hierarchy would demand of a new manager. "We know where [Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain] came from [Barcelona] and we know perfectly what kind of approach they are interested in," he said. "We want to win and to entertain."

He also praised City's squad. "City have a great team, a great squad and they have people who are very clear about where they want to go and how the club should develop," he said. "[David] Silva is the kind of player that makes the difference. We will have a squad that can play very good football. I am sure we will play attractive football"

Pellegrini claimed he had received other offers but is banking on a move to England. "Italy was a possibility too, so was France. The priority for me is Manchester City. I didn't have any conflict with Barcelona and I think they are doing the right thing supporting Tito [Vilanova] if he feels well enough."He was also asked if English football was a bit Neanderthal for his style but stressed his familiarity with its demands. "I did my coaching course in England and I know it very well. English football has evolved a lot in recent years. The Barcelona style, which has been watched very closely, has made an impact there too. Arsenal are not so direct, they build their moves more. Manchester United have evolved a lot. I won't have any problems adapting.

"I speak English although not as well as i would like because it has been some time now since I spoke it regularly. I learnt it as a kid and I will be fine. There will be no problem in the dressing room."
It is difficult not being hugely impressed with those words.

Why does this thread turn to comparing balo and suarez?? And balo is much better person than him! And his twitter is funny as hell.

Anyway since mourinho will be returning to chelsea, surely all the circus and spotlight will head their way. And since pelegrini seems to be pretty mellow compared to mancini, can we expect less negative press next season?

Lots of jokey comments about his English, but I think it's going to be a pleasure listening to Pellegrini. Mancini was a great manager for us, but he was not really comfortable in front of the media. Results of course will affect his relationship with the media

nowantads said:
Why does this thread turn to comparing balo and suarez?? And balo is much better person than him! And his twitter is funny as hell.

Anyway since mourinho will be returning to chelsea, surely all the circus and spotlight will head their way. And since pelegrini seems to be pretty mellow compared to mancini, can we expect less negative press next season?
No it will get worse as they realise Moyes is not the new Messiah

mancboy123 said:
While I agree about the stupidity of the press. Balo and Suarez are entirely different, Balo got hounded by the press because he wouldnt play their game and because he did some silly things rarely on the pitch i might add. Suarez however is not a character as you put it unless you consider racism, biting, constant diving and cheating and complaining to be character building.
I didn't describe him as such at all. I used it as a term that the press ascribe to controversial players once they've retired or are plying their trade elsewhere.

Whilst I agree with this, the same journalists that lapped up each of their transgressions, which I have no doubt acted as a catalyst for both to seek career fulfillment elsewhere, are the same bell-ends that will no doubt moan next season in their columns that "there aren't any characters in the game anymore".

My use of quotation marks should have provided some clue in that regard.

Sounds like Keegan and if he's any bit like Keegan, I'll love him.

I would expect that Mr Pellegrini, if/when he comes to Manchester City will be his own man. If he isn't and listens/reads our stupid media and believes it then he will not succeed.

Let's hope that the City PR people have learned their lesson and protect him in a better way than they did Mr Mancini.

As you may be able to deduce from this posting I am reserving judgement until I see what happens. Having said that, he has my full support because he will (we think) be the Manager of my team. Go for it Mr Pellegrini and make sure that we win as much as possible. Raise the morale of our team again, they need a boost.

ONWARD AND UPWARD WITH MANCHESTER CITY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.