Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaylord du Bois said:
bluemoon32 said:
kiam06 said:
Hate to say it but for the 40th time Kiam has been proven right I did spend a thread after thread defending myself over claims that Guardiola would be joining us.

Even after he signed for Munich and people decided to take that as an opportunity to ridicule I still defended my corner and insisted Guardiola would come.

Are people starting to get it now? Look at the overall long term picture and listen to me.

So, why would Pep only stay at Bayern for 2 years ?
Cuz kiam said so ffs.
Still it doesn't sink in.

Jesus wept.

Balti said:
kenzie115 said:
gh_mcfc said:
The Dye is set.

The utopian stability the Media and lots of us crave will come from the Director of Football and the structure of the club to be firmed up over the next year or so.

I have never had an problem with sacking managers if they weren`t doing the job. Why keep a duffer to continue to be a duffer for the sake of stability. Obviously in Mancinis` case he wasnt a duffer and I would have given him another year. But the stability we will get now will be club wide and not manager dependent . It will be bottom up not Manager down.

We are firmly going down the European route where the coach is the coach. We are the first top English club to fully embrace it (a risk but at least executed by people who understand the system). If the coach does a good job he will last 2,3 maybe 4 years and then be gone. The next coach will be one that is prepared to freshen things up within our stable system.

The difference for us now is rather than stumble from frizzell, to machin, to (kendal)Reid to Horton, Ball and clarke etc.. We will move from Mancini to Pellers(?) to A.N.Othet top coach.

Get over it, get used to it. We will follow the model which works for Madrid, Barca and Bayern not the Rag model.

Completely agree, and to be honest, it sounds pretty good.

United, and to some extent previously Arsenal, are exceptions. It appears to only be in England that managerial stability is considered a pre-requisite for success. The media will slate us for it, but to be honest, if we're winning trophies on a consistent basis, they'll look pretty stupid for doing so, and we shouldn't care.

Key players can come and go every 3-4 years, why should it be different for managers? Particularly when it will be the club as a whole that determines the style of play. If Pellegrini only lasts 2 years it's not as if we're suddenly going to hire Big Sam and have to have a complete overhaul of the playing staff to create a squad that suits his style of play. The club will have a solid identity, philosophy, style, call it what you will, and we will buy players and hire managers to suit.

We've had plenty of stick since Monday night for the 'holistic approach' statement but to me it's perfectly logical. English football fans have had the "Fergie-model" of management rammed down their throats for years, we expect the manager to have full control and essentially run, by himself, the key parts of the football club. Thinking about it, that's pretty stupid. Fergie was a one off. It makes much more sense to create a footballing identity throughout every level of the club and find executive staff, coaches, players, academy prospects and a manager who suit.

It's become pretty clear over the past couple of days that Mancini's fractious personality and need for control didn't fit this model. So whilst the timing of the sacking; the news breaking in cup final week and the actual sacking being a year to the date we won the league, wasn't ideal, it was really inevitable that he had to go. We all appreciate what he did for the club but we're moving in a different direction now, so we'll say our goodbyes on Sunday and move on. The future's blue.

I suppose it also increases the pool of (usually continental) managers that could replace the incumbent as well.....

when the next change comes does the new manager still appear with an entire coaching staff entourage in this set-up or is it more just the manager himself with the rest/ most of the rest of the previous coaching staff remaining in situ to provide the continuity in terms of system/ academy links etc?

Since Bacon has been manager of the scum Barcelona have changed manager 15 times three less than City...it dos`nt seemed to have done them any harm

mansour's tow ropes said:
In England people tend to look down on the idea that the 'manager' just coaches the players and the owners/board controls who is bought and sold. Abramovich has been criticised a lot in the past for having a say in where his millions go, with many people pointing the finger and saying this model is wrong.

Well I don't mind giving it a go like many foreign teams do. If correctly implemented it provides more stability than a manager who can come and go whenever (every 2 years for instance), taking a whole back room team with them. Any new manager will want to bring their own staff in, change half the players and the way the team is run.

Well if the board, and the ideas of the board (not necessarily individuals) remain constant then this should allow the club to remain successful for many years, and across many managers.

As great as having a manager like Baconface, serving for 26 years is, now he has gone the whole club must start afresh. I'm willing to give this new model time
But pisscan hasn't gone has he? United was run by and through him on the football side, from the youth policy to the first team. He's now become a "director and ambassador". How do you know that isn't effectively going to be the same model as City's holistic approach, albeit pisscan's holistic approach rather than the club's holistic approach? That is to say, dependent upon him being there and being active.

kenzie115 said:
Balti said:
kenzie115 said:
Completely agree, and to be honest, it sounds pretty good.

United, and to some extent previously Arsenal, are exceptions. It appears to only be in England that managerial stability is considered a pre-requisite for success. The media will slate us for it, but to be honest, if we're winning trophies on a consistent basis, they'll look pretty stupid for doing so, and we shouldn't care.

Key players can come and go every 3-4 years, why should it be different for managers? Particularly when it will be the club as a whole that determines the style of play. If Pellegrini only lasts 2 years it's not as if we're suddenly going to hire Big Sam and have to have a complete overhaul of the playing staff to create a squad that suits his style of play. The club will have a solid identity, philosophy, style, call it what you will, and we will buy players and hire managers to suit.

We've had plenty of stick since Monday night for the 'holistic approach' statement but to me it's perfectly logical. English football fans have had the "Fergie-model" of management rammed down their throats for years, we expect the manager to have full control and essentially run, by himself, the key parts of the football club. Thinking about it, that's pretty stupid. Fergie was a one off. It makes much more sense to create a footballing identity throughout every level of the club and find executive staff, coaches, players, academy prospects and a manager who suit.

It's become pretty clear over the past couple of days that Mancini's fractious personality and need for control didn't fit this model. So whilst the timing of the sacking; the news breaking in cup final week and the actual sacking being a year to the date we won the league, wasn't ideal, it was really inevitable that he had to go. We all appreciate what he did for the club but we're moving in a different direction now, so we'll say our goodbyes on Sunday and move on. The future's blue.

I suppose it also increases the pool of (usually continental) managers that could replace the incumbent as well.....

when the next change comes does the new manager still appear with an entire coaching staff entourage in this set-up or is it more just the manager himself with the rest/ most of the rest of the previous coaching staff remaining in situ to provide the continuity in terms of system/ academy links etc?

Ideally the latter, the fewer new employees you have to integrate into the system the better. However, it wouldn't be surprising if there were one or two back room additions with each change of manager. I'd suggest it'd be far removed from the current situation though.

OK I'm starting to buy into this whole systemic ethos effort now. One thing I'm not sure of......if the blueprint includes playing style across the entire club then who sets the blueprint.......is this coming from the barca boys upstairs/ elsewhere or has Pellegrini been identified not only as our new manager but also as the guy who sets the blueprint for many years to come......? If the latter then I'm still struggling to see why given his history to date he is apparently the man to do this? Has he implemented such a blueprint at another club for others to follow?

gelly said:
bluemanhatton said:
gelly said:
Here is what I think he'll achieve in his first season.

3rd Place Premier League
Round of 16 / Quarter finals Champions League.
Semi final cup run.

On what basis have you decided that?

Thought and intuition.

I dont think he will hit the ground running like Mou and Ancelotti who won the league in their first season.
He'll do well in Europe no doubt but quarters is as far as he gets. City also dont have the right CM to make it pasts the quarters. Unless he gets someone in like Alonso.

Its much more difficult to get a result against English teams. He find that a cultural shock. He also has the press to deal with.

You ever thought of a career in football recruitment? You could clearly teach City a thing or two with that intuition you've got there.

He was Real Madrid manager during the time they signed Ronaldo and you think the likes of Neil Custis are going to give him sleepness nights. On what basis is it harder to get results against English teams. I dont know if you've noticed but English football hasn't exactly been brilliant recently. Seem to remember Spain doing quite well internationally as well.

Not gonna lie, this is the most excited I've been over a manger in a while. Don't think anybody who has worked under him has said a bad word about him.

Pigeonho said:
Kiam - number one City fan and now ITK.
despite salfordpaul telling us about Pep

Any1aBlue was trying to take credit for that little nugget as well. Seems all the rage.

Balti said:
kenzie115 said:
Balti said:

Ideally the latter, the fewer new employees you have to integrate into the system the better. However, it wouldn't be surprising if there were one or two back room additions with each change of manager. I'd suggest it'd be far removed from the current situation though.

OK I'm starting to buy into this whole systemic ethos effort now. One thing I'm not sure of......if the blueprint includes playing style across the entire club then who sets the blueprint.......is this coming from the barca boys upstairs/ elsewhere or has Pellegrini been identified not only as our new manager but also as the guy who sets the blueprint for many years to come......? If the latter then I'm still struggling to see why given his history to date he is apparently the man to do this? Has he implemented such a blueprint at another club for others to follow?

My opinion, although it is only that, is that the Barca Boys' primary task when they were hired was to create the system. This of course then involves highlighting current members of staff, both playing and non-playing, who don't fit the system and moving them on, and recruiting for the now vacant positions. It obviously follows therefore, that they believe Pellegrini is the best man for the manager's job. This ties in with their previously reported admiration for him from his time at Villarreal/Madrid. Both Txiki and Pep commented on the fantastic jobs he did at both clubs whilst at Barca.

Apologies if already pointed out elsewhere in the thread but...

...he'd complained about not getting players for the positions he wanted and his questioning of the board meant that he only got one season...

Sound familiar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.