Pellegrini Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reallistically I think those early losses to Cardiff, Villa and Sunderland may mean we fall just short of the PL this season. I think we paid the price of Pellegrini getting accustomed to the PL in those games, I honestly can't really blame him for them.

Strange how much slack everyone was willing to cut Moyes as it was going to be a season of "transition" yet he's been managing in the PL for a decade or more and moved 30 miles down the road yet Pellegrini was supposed to hit the ground running in a new league and a new country!

I am confident we have the right manager and would forgive quite a lot for the style of football he is producing at the moment. I also like the way that he conducts himself and isn't creating headlines every five minutes like some I could mention. I am convinced he will take us on to the next level in our quest for world domination and I am really expecting a couple of serious tilts at the CL over the next few years. Onwards and upwards.

BillyShears said:
aguero93:20 said:
strong rumours about mangala, but he'd be cl tied, maybe a recall for rekik?

Ah i'd forgotten about Rekik ... not a bad shout.
yeh he's unnaturally strong for his age and good in the air so good direct replacement. mangala looks a decent player but the money that's being quoted is absurd. 45m, that's more than kun cost.

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:
strong rumours about mangala, but he'd be cl tied, maybe a recall for rekik?

You've forgotten about Javi, he's great cover for centre back.
I'll take that to mean if you get him to stand directly in front of nasty you can't see the young lad.

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:

You've forgotten about Javi, he's great cover for centre back.
I'll take that to mean if you get him to stand directly in front of nasty you can't see the young lad.

haha very good.

Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
He's no Steve Coppell.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here. The manager made no investments, our DoF did, the same under the previous manager.

Our manager has won nothing in European competition despite 20 years within it. Madridistas called him Pelleegrini. Thee aren't subjective jabs, they are verifiable facts.

Nobody is upset with the manager. Some are more convinced than others. That's ok, nobody needs this type of dogmatic shite again. It's a post that is dying for someone to pull out one sentence and turn it into a 6 month argument and it's absolute bollocks.

The manager is doing ok. His subs are questionable against lower opposition and have cos us points this year. The defence is dodgy due to this and injury.

Outside of those comments, this thread is meaningless.

Hahahahahahhahahahaha!

Just when you thought the last of the Robertohicans had slipped off over the horizon forever, out comes the daddy of them all. Fucking Damocles.

Brilliant stuff. Fucking brilliant. "Doing ok". "Made no investments".

Oh my life, I thought you'd learnt your lesson.

You literally missed the entire point didn't you?

How can you, a grown man, still be so stupid as to miss a point that I literally spelled out in the post underneath that one? Or are you just trying to get this stuff locked again?<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:54 am --<br /><br />
Damocles said:
George Hannah said:
It is a mark of great respect to have so much meaning conferred in a single post.

My point is, the manager is Jesus Christ with those exceptions. He has done wonders for City and those are the only possible negative opinions that anyone could draw so I was hoping to get it out of the way early so we can all get on with our lives.

A Pelleegrini refers to a "bottler" essentially if I understood it right, again, tread the fucking post before this one line though

Big letters for you Dave.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
Just think we'd be strolling this league if we had a top class players on the left hand side of defence.

That Luke Shaw story in the Mail is interesting because I actually believe it's possible. He'd be eligible to play in the CL this season. At 18 along with Barkley he's the best English prospect around. Be a shrewd move to pay a little more but secure him this window knowing he'd be hugely useful for the rest of the season.

I went to the game at St Mary's and he (and Lallana) caught the eye from start to finish. Quick, athletic, skillful, he was a constant menace throughout, and you couldn't ask for a great deal more from an 18 year old. £30m is an outrageous sum though, and the irony is that the player he'd probably replace (Kolarov) is enjoying something of a rennaisance under Pellegrini. I can't think of a left back I'd rather have than Shaw in all honesty, and if we could bag him, Pogba and a quick, quality centre half, we really would have superb squad depth. A thumping January bid might pull the rug out from underneath Chelsea as well, as I believe the lad supported them as a kid and has intimated he'd like to join them

Exeter Blue I am here said:
BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
Just think we'd be strolling this league if we had a top class players on the left hand side of defence.

That Luke Shaw story in the Mail is interesting because I actually believe it's possible. He'd be eligible to play in the CL this season. At 18 along with Barkley he's the best English prospect around. Be a shrewd move to pay a little more but secure him this window knowing he'd be hugely useful for the rest of the season.

I went to the game at St Mary's and he (and Lallana) caught the eye from start to finish. Quick, athletic, skillful, he was a constant menace throughout, and you couldn't ask for a great deal more from an 18 year old. £30m is an outrageous sum though, and the irony is that the player he'd probably replace (Kolarov) is enjoying something of a rennaisance under Pellegrini. I can't think of a left back I'd rather have than Shaw in all honesty, and if we could bag him, Pogba and a quick, quality centre half, we really would have superb squad depth. A thumping January bid might pull the rug out from underneath Chelsea as well, as I believe the lad supported them as a kid and has intimated he'd like to join them

I don't think it's a lot of money if I'm honest. Shaw's clearly the best prospect at LB we've produced since Cashley Cole.

I really hope the story is true because as well as strengthening us it would send a scary message to our rivals about our willingness to spend on British based targets. Shaw now Barkley in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.