Pellegrini Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quote from an article in the Telegraph with VK's input:

The flipside – especially when it comes to the crunch matches away from home, such as today’s trip to St James’ Park - could be a vulnerability in defence and City have conceded 23 goals in the league, only 10 fewer than the whole of last season.

Kompany admitted that it is a calculated trade-off for the attacking style. “The reality is that we have six offensive players starting every game,” the City centre-half said. “When you score that many goals and win that many games it is sometimes hard for a defender to make a case that we should be doing this or that in terms of tactics.”

Which is fair comment, a set up like that will be tough on the defensive four. The great Brian Clough observation of "a good team consists of 8 piano shifters and 3 piano players" has been well and truly rebuffed...

Kris_Musampa said:
A quote from an article in the Telegraph with VK's input:

The flipside – especially when it comes to the crunch matches away from home, such as today’s trip to St James’ Park - could be a vulnerability in defence and City have conceded 23 goals in the league, only 10 fewer than the whole of last season.

Kompany admitted that it is a calculated trade-off for the attacking style. “The reality is that we have six offensive players starting every game,” the City centre-half said. “When you score that many goals and win that many games it is sometimes hard for a defender to make a case that we should be doing this or that in terms of tactics.”

Which is fair comment, a set up like that will be tough on the defensive four. The great Brian Clough observation of "a good team consists of 8 piano shifters and 3 piano players" has been well and truly rebuffed...

The pressure that comes to bare on our back 4 is intense when compared to previous seasons. There's no question that they need to consistently be at the top of their game.

Also think MP's comments that we're a totally different team with Vinny at the back is bang on. For me he's crucial to MP's system.

Damocles said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
He's no Steve Coppell.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here. The manager made no investments, our DoF did, the same under the previous manager.

Our manager has won nothing in European competition despite 20 years within it. Madridistas called him Pelleegrini. Thee aren't subjective jabs, they are verifiable facts.

Nobody is upset with the manager. Some are more convinced than others. That's ok, nobody needs this type of dogmatic shite again. It's a post that is dying for someone to pull out one sentence and turn it into a 6 month argument and it's absolute bollocks.

The manager is doing ok. His subs are questionable against lower opposition and have cos us points this year. The defence is dodgy due to this and injury.

Outside of those comments, this thread is meaningless.

Hahahahahahhahahahaha!

Just when you thought the last of the Robertohicans had slipped off over the horizon forever, out comes the daddy of them all. Fucking Damocles.

Brilliant stuff. Fucking brilliant. "Doing ok". "Made no investments".

Oh my life, I thought you'd learnt your lesson.

You literally missed the entire point didn't you?

How can you, a grown man, still be so stupid as to miss a point that I literally spelled out in the post underneath that one? Or are you just trying to get this stuff locked again?

-- Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:54 am --

Damocles said:
George Hannah said:
It is a mark of great respect to have so much meaning conferred in a single post.

My point is, the manager is Jesus Christ with those exceptions. He has done wonders for City and those are the only possible negative opinions that anyone could draw so I was hoping to get it out of the way early so we can all get on with our lives.

A Pelleegrini refers to a "bottler" essentially if I understood it right, again, tread the fucking post before this one line though

Big letters for you Dave.
Don't worry about it Damo, he's so obsessed with Mancini, he can't see the wood for the trees.

Try telling him that a MANCHESTER CITY fan can appreciate what Mancini achieved at the club AND admire Pellegrini at the same time and watch a mental cyber meltdown take place! :-)

BillyShears said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
BillyShears said:
That Luke Shaw story in the Mail is interesting because I actually believe it's possible. He'd be eligible to play in the CL this season. At 18 along with Barkley he's the best English prospect around. Be a shrewd move to pay a little more but secure him this window knowing he'd be hugely useful for the rest of the season.

I went to the game at St Mary's and he (and Lallana) caught the eye from start to finish. Quick, athletic, skillful, he was a constant menace throughout, and you couldn't ask for a great deal more from an 18 year old. £30m is an outrageous sum though, and the irony is that the player he'd probably replace (Kolarov) is enjoying something of a rennaisance under Pellegrini. I can't think of a left back I'd rather have than Shaw in all honesty, and if we could bag him, Pogba and a quick, quality centre half, we really would have superb squad depth. A thumping January bid might pull the rug out from underneath Chelsea as well, as I believe the lad supported them as a kid and has intimated he'd like to join them

I don't think it's a lot of money if I'm honest. Shaw's clearly the best prospect at LB we've produced since Cashley Cole.

I really hope the story is true because as well as strengthening us it would send a scary message to our rivals about our willingness to spend on British based targets. Shaw now Barkley in the summer.

Do we need Barkley? I think not. The 3 positions I mentioned earlier are clearly in need of an upgrade, then we're good to go. Unless an exceptional talent becomes available, and Barkley isn't that imo.

hgblue said:
Do we need Barkley? I think not. The 3 positions I mentioned earlier are clearly in need of an upgrade, then we're good to go. Unless an exceptional talent becomes available, and Barkley isn't that imo.

I think we do need Barkley. I think Barkley is going to develop into a central midfield player rather than a number 10 and therefore would be an excellent acquisition. Even if he doesn't develop into that and is more of a number 10, then I'd still have him in our squad in a heartbeat because I believe he'd give us a different option to what we have already in that position.

I also think that when it comes to English players, if they're good enough you buy them and make room for them even if it means someone else getting less game time.

Fair enough if you don't think he's exceptional, I personally think he will be even if he isn't right now.

I don't believe it is an "either-or" choice between stylish and pragmatic football.

Each game presents different situations.

1-0 or 4-3?

What about 2-0 or 3-1?

I enjoy a stylish 6-0 victory more than a dogged 1-0 struggle but both have their merits... 3 of them.

What I would hate would be going out to fight for a 0-0 draw from the start.

I say let's go for the Pellegrini way... attack, attack, attack when in possession and concentrate and work hard when not.

JJ

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I like him. He's a nice man.

I like the way he deals with the press as well, he politely replies to all their questions without actually answering them, he will only tell them what he wants them to know no matter how hard they press him.

I could have come to England at that moment, I had the option but I chose to stay in Spain. I chose Málaga because it was a challenge and I was very happy there but of course you cannot win the title with Málaga or Villarreal. It is impossible. But Manchester City can win a title in England. I am sure of that.

Anyone know which club made Pellegrini an offer? I remember his name being linked at Chelsea but he's surely too wise to go there.

I've been discussing Pellegrini with a few Blues who's opinions I trust and respect (Blues who know more about football than I do) and the general consensus is that the football is exciting and a means to an end. We'll just outscore opponents and teams will be frightened to take us on properly. Just look at our home form recently!

peoffrey said:
I could have come to England at that moment, I had the option but I chose to stay in Spain. I chose Málaga because it was a challenge and I was very happy there but of course you cannot win the title with Málaga or Villarreal. It is impossible. But Manchester City can win a title in England. I am sure of that.

Anyone know which club made Pellegrini an offer? I remember his name being linked at Chelsea but he's surely too wise to go there.

I've been discussing Pellegrini with a few Blues who's opinions I trust and respect (Blues who know more about football than I do) and the general consensus is that the football is exciting and a means to an end. We'll just outscore opponents and teams will be frightened to take us on properly. Just look at our home form recently!

Liverpool.

Damocles said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
He's no Steve Coppell.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here. The manager made no investments, our DoF did, the same under the previous manager.

Our manager has won nothing in European competition despite 20 years within it. Madridistas called him Pelleegrini. Thee aren't subjective jabs, they are verifiable facts.

Nobody is upset with the manager. Some are more convinced than others. That's ok, nobody needs this type of dogmatic shite again. It's a post that is dying for someone to pull out one sentence and turn it into a 6 month argument and it's absolute bollocks.

The manager is doing ok. His subs are questionable against lower opposition and have cos us points this year. The defence is dodgy due to this and injury.

Outside of those comments, this thread is meaningless.

Hahahahahahhahahahaha!

Just when you thought the last of the Robertohicans had slipped off over the horizon forever, out comes the daddy of them all. Fucking Damocles.

Brilliant stuff. Fucking brilliant. "Doing ok". "Made no investments".

Oh my life, I thought you'd learnt your lesson.

You literally missed the entire point didn't you?

How can you, a grown man, still be so stupid as to miss a point that I literally spelled out in the post underneath that one? Or are you just trying to get this stuff locked again?

-- Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:54 am --

Damocles said:
George Hannah said:
It is a mark of great respect to have so much meaning conferred in a single post.

My point is, the manager is Jesus Christ with those exceptions. He has done wonders for City and those are the only possible negative opinions that anyone could draw so I was hoping to get it out of the way early so we can all get on with our lives.

A Pelleegrini refers to a "bottler" essentially if I understood it right, again, tread the fucking post before this one line though

Big letters for you Dave.

Oh right. You were being ironic and you didn't really mean it.

Silly me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.