Pellegrini Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Pellers gets my full support, like virtually every manager we've ever had in my life time, however he has my full respect, the way he wants us to play, the way he carries himself, the way he deals with the press, the man oozes class and i think we are very lucky to have him.

I'm well impessed.

I listened to Soriano and Begiristain talk in the NYCFC press conference yesterday and they were constantly banging on about playing a specific style of football "like Pellegrini does in Manchester". They even went as far to say that winning is not enough but it must be achieved in a certain manner for them to call something a success. They also said that they would never appoint a manager who didn't agree with their philosophies on how the game should be played.

I mention this because it's exciting to think that they are pointing at our style of play and declaring it as the exact style that City will always play under their leadership and how our youth teams will play. I made a post years back that one of the things that I thought was lacking at City was an overriding philosophy on how we achieved our goals and said that we should look to bring in a proper DoF above the manager rather than Marwood half running it. A figure who inspires and demands a certain style of football from the youth team upwards, I think I said "someone connected to us, like Mike Summerbee" (arf!).

I don't think that we'll ever see another manager like Mancini or Hughes ever again. I think Pellegrini represents everything that the board want in a City manager; he's professional, he isn't waving his arms around like he's been electrocuted on the sidelines, he inspires a happy demeanor into the players, and crucially, he plays an attacking brand of possession football. I don't think it matters what he wins as much as it does elsewhere, I think the board feel that they want to do things in a certain manner and trophies are a natural result of this.

Damocles said:
I listened to Soriano and Begiristain talk in the NYCFC press conference yesterday and they were constantly banging on about playing a specific style of football "like Pellegrini does in Manchester". They even went as far to say that winning is not enough but it must be achieved in a certain manner for them to call something a success. They also said that they would never appoint a manager who didn't agree with their philosophies on how the game should be played.

I mention this because it's exciting to think that they are pointing at our style of play and declaring it as the exact style that City will always play under their leadership and how our youth teams will play. I made a post years back that one of the things that I thought was lacking at City was an overriding philosophy on how we achieved our goals and said that we should look to bring in a proper DoF above the manager rather than Marwood half running it. A figure who inspires and demands a certain style of football from the youth team upwards, I think I said "someone connected to us, like Mike Summerbee" (arf!).

I don't think that we'll ever see another manager like Mancini or Hughes ever again. I think Pellegrini represents everything that the board want in a City manager; he's professional, he isn't waving his arms around like he's been electrocuted on the sidelines, he inspires a happy demeanor into the players, and crucially, he plays an attacking brand of possession football. I don't think it matters what he wins as much as it does elsewhere, I think the board feel that they want to do things in a certain manner and trophies are a natural result of this.

*rips up his Tony Pulis to be the next Manchester City manager betting slip

The players are clearly thriving under the new regime. Look at the change in someone like Nasri.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Damocles said:
I listened to Soriano and Begiristain talk in the NYCFC press conference yesterday and they were constantly banging on about playing a specific style of football "like Pellegrini does in Manchester". They even went as far to say that winning is not enough but it must be achieved in a certain manner for them to call something a success. They also said that they would never appoint a manager who didn't agree with their philosophies on how the game should be played.I mention this because it's exciting to think that they are pointing at our style of play and declaring it as the exact style that City will always play under their leadership and how our youth teams will play. I made a post years back that one of the things that I thought was lacking at City was an overriding philosophy on how we achieved our goals and said that we should look to bring in a proper DoF above the manager rather than Marwood half running it. A figure who inspires and demands a certain style of football from the youth team upwards, I think I said "someone connected to us, like Mike Summerbee" (arf!).

*rips up his Tony Pulis to be the next Manchester City manager betting slip

That takes Maureen out of the running then..

Exeter Blue I am here said:
BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
Just think we'd be strolling this league if we had a top class players on the left hand side of defence.

That Luke Shaw story in the Mail is interesting because I actually believe it's possible. He'd be eligible to play in the CL this season. At 18 along with Barkley he's the best English prospect around. Be a shrewd move to pay a little more but secure him this window knowing he'd be hugely useful for the rest of the season.

I went to the game at St Mary's and he (and Lallana) caught the eye from start to finish. Quick, athletic, skillful, he was a constant menace throughout, and you couldn't ask for a great deal more from an 18 year old. £30m is an outrageous sum though, and the irony is that the player he'd probably replace (Kolarov) is enjoying something of a rennaisance under Pellegrini. I can't think of a left back I'd rather have than Shaw in all honesty, and if we could bag him, Pogba and a quick, quality centre half, we really would have superb squad depth. A thumping January bid might pull the rug out from underneath Chelsea as well, as I believe the lad supported them as a kid and has intimated he'd like to join them
My suspicion is Clichy would be replaced at this point unless we got an amazing offer for Kolarov. Then we could rotate at least one side of our fullbacks properly without losing attacking effectiveness. It will be interesting to see what we do on the right side in the summer as well if Richards can't get in order physically.

Damocles said:

That's great. If we continue to play open attacking football, and we win the big trophies playing that way, everybody's happy. Peace and love will break out on Bluemoon, and the decision to appoint Pellegrini will have been fully vindicated.

taconinja said:
BillyShears said:
That Luke Shaw story in the Mail is interesting because I actually believe it's possible. He'd be eligible to play in the CL this season. At 18 along with Barkley he's the best English prospect around. Be a shrewd move to pay a little more but secure him this window knowing he'd be hugely useful for the rest of the season.

I went to the game at St Mary's and he (and Lallana) caught the eye from start to finish. Quick, athletic, skillful, he was a constant menace throughout, and you couldn't ask for a great deal more from an 18 year old. £30m is an outrageous sum though, and the irony is that the player he'd probably replace (Kolarov) is enjoying something of a rennaisance under Pellegrini. I can't think of a left back I'd rather have than Shaw in all honesty, and if we could bag him, Pogba and a quick, quality centre half, we really would have superb squad depth. A thumping January bid might pull the rug out from underneath Chelsea as well, as I believe the lad supported them as a kid and has intimated he'd like to join them
My suspicion is Clichy would be replaced at this point unless we got an amazing offer for Kolarov. Then we could rotate at least one side of our fullbacks properly without losing attacking effectiveness. It will be interesting to see what we do on the right side in the summer as well if Richards can't get in order physically.
can't see juve actually making a decent offer either, they're more the "wait until a player's out of favour, make a ridiculously low bid and hope it gets accepted" types, psg want clichy though I believe...££££

aguero93:20 said:
taconinja said:
can't see juve actually making a decent offer either, they're more the "wait until a player's out of favour, make a ridiculously low bid and hope it gets accepted" types, psg want clichy though I believe...££££
I think that's a very good possibility.

To return fully to topic, the greatest enjoyment I get from our manager is watching how many players are playing to their potential. It's the greatest testament to him I can make. You win on the pitch. Tactics and philosophy are integral but at the final whistle, it's about the players implementing those two things. He's done a great job.

Damocles said:

There can be no doubt that Abu Dhabi are absolutely delighted with Pellegrini in every respect. The way he conducts himself, the way that city are now perceived, the sportsmanship, the unity, the flair. The fact that the paps have stopped going to Carrington speaks volumes. But it's obvious that this is not cavalier football for the sake of entertainment. This is attacking football as a means to an end, and that end is trophies.

If you have the best attacking players in the league it makes absolute sense to play to those strengths. That's what he's doing and that's why we will win a cupboard full of silverware under him. Many times I've described the new city as a brand new Ferrari driven by a teenager, but those days are behind us now. It is obvious that with Khaldoon, soriano, txiki and Pellegrini, we are a slick, well-run football operation. At last the sheikh's vision is In place and his ambitions are about to be truly fulfilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.