Pellegrini's substitutions last night

Threads like this on days like today bring a huge smile to my face.

Truth is, he gets the majority of decisions right all the time, hence his record and the position we find ourselves in :-)

Good shout. He's also played a few other great subs cards this season and good to see it getting the win and recognition it deserves.

Threads like this on days like today bring a huge smile to my face.

Truth is, he gets the majority of decisions right all the time, hence his record and the position we find ourselves in :-)
Feels to me that as he knows he is leaving he is taking more risks than he has ever done before,it suits him

Honestly, despite him frequently seeming to take too long to make substitutions, or making weird looking ones, I can't think of too many managers who manage to completely change games with their subs as often as he does. He obviously gives himself a head start on that by frequently picking the wrong team to start with, but he does have a habit of winning us points with his changes.

Feels to me that as he knows he is leaving he is taking more risks than he has ever done before,it suits him
Why do people say this? He's the boldest fucking manager we've ever had. If anything is his Achilles Heel it's that. He goes for the jugular against everyone, even the biggest names in Europe.

This season I'd say he's actually become more pragmatic, and we saw it last night when he banged Silva off and put on Fernando as soon as they scored. He does this much more often now.

Why do people say this? He's the boldest fucking manager we've ever had. If anything is his Achilles Heel it's that. He goes for the jugular against everyone, even the biggest names in Europe.

This season I'd say he's actually become more pragmatic, and we saw it last night when he banged Silva off and put on Fernando as soon as they scored. He does this much more often now.
More risks with his subs

More risks with his subs

Do you think so? Maybe. I suspect we've had more half time subs this season than last, but then again, due to defensive errors, that could be because we seem to be chasing the game every other week!

Odd. As soon as Silva went off pressure increased, we lost control, they started holding it better outside the box, and mr mobile did pretty much his impression of showing up to the party late, but hey lets pretend it was a wise move right. it wasnt. it was stupid.

Navas on was a great move, Baines had had a free role down our right all first half because we were playing so narrow with 3 up top. Can't remember Baines getting forward at all after Navas came on.

I loved the fact that he got so animated as well, he was really giving out to the players and to the officials. Totally agree with @blueinsa about the thread making them smile. I smile because I like our Manager and think he doesn't get the appreciation he deserves. I know there are times when he frustrates us but he is a good manager. IMHO

I loved the fact that he got so animated as well, he was really giving out to the players and to the officials. Totally agree with @blueinsa about the thread making them smile. I smile because I like our Manager and think he doesn't get the appreciation he deserves. I know there are times when he frustrates us but he is a good manager. IMHO
You make me smile @Eccles Blue,i love how passionate you are about city :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.