Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
If Sergio is on I would prefer him to take the pens, I know he has missed some but he has also scored a lot and he will step up with so much confidence and no self doubt about penalties he has missed in the past.
I would like to see Foden given a chance as well, he is a great finisher, has so much self confidence and his role is growing every week in the team, he has pushed Mahrez off in-swinging corners and is taking free kicks that are crossed into the box, assist for Stones goal vs United in the semi final last week.

As long as he can strike the ball.....Should always be the most composed player on the pitch.For me that's either Eddie or,more conventionally,Gundogan.

I also suspect Cancelo could be a good choice.

It really could have come back to haunt us last night if Ederson had his pen saved and Brighton break down field to roll it into an empty net!!
In theory, as long as you inform the referee, at the point the game stops for the award of the penalty, Kyle Walker (if on the field) could put on a pre printed goalkeeper shirt and Ederson an out field shirt, and for the duration until the ball next going dead, i.e. immediately if we score or the next time the ball leaves the field, their positions are changed. Once the ball is dead, they change their shirts again and the game resumes as normal. All perfectly legal although unusual I admit.

I don't even think that Kev takes a great penalty to be honest. Never fills me with total confidence and if the keeper guesses right he'd probably save it as he never hits them with great power. I've never seen Rodri take a pen so woould probably opt for Gundog. Wouldn't mind seeing Eddie take one though as it would probably upset a few people and we'd get accused of being disrespectful agaiin.

In theory, as long as you inform the referee, at the point the game stops for the award of the penalty, Kyle Walker (if on the field) could put on a pre printed goalkeeper shirt and Ederson an out field shirt, and for the duration until the ball next going dead, i.e. immediately if we score or the next time the ball leaves the field, their positions are changed. Once the ball is dead, they change their shirts again and the game resumes as normal. All perfectly legal although unusual I admit.
Did not know that..thank you for the information, a very useful post..it does assume Ederson can deliver..mind you he would shoot like Franny..can you imagine the press going beserk over that scenario !!!

I believe only 5 penalties in 3 years have been missed without a touch from the keeper or woodwork, 3 of them belong to City. Some going that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.