Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
It's not simply a question of technique, but mentality.

Aguero, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus, they have always let the moment get to them.

Tevez was the same, just opting to smash and hope in the end.

This applies to the same current players when they have too much time to think about a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Think Gundo and Kev deserve to rotate if required.

It's not simply a question of technique, but mentality.

Aguero, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus, they have always let the moment get to them.

Tevez was the same, just opting to smash and hope in the end.

This applies to the same current players when they have too much time to think about a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Think Gundo and Kev deserve to rotate if required.

Does KDB have the mentality to take penalties when he ducked the responsibility yesterday despite being captain and designated taker?

Pep said Sterling took it because no one else wanted to, which suggests Gundo wasn't keen either, or at least not assertive.

Does KDB have the mentality to take penalties when he ducked the responsibility yesterday despite being captain and designated taker?

Pep said Sterling took it because no one else wanted to, which suggests Gundo wasn't keen either, or at least not assertive.

Pep said that Kev was knackered after chasing the ball down for the penalty, he was certainly puffing hard in the final 15?

Sounds plausible that Raheem also asserted his desire to take it it, wanting to get his own numbers up, which would also lend itself to Pep praising Sterling in the aftermath for having the courage to step forward, perhaps?

You never know with Pep when he is just protecting people in public.

That’s such bullshit though, and I think even Pep alluded to that as an excuse for Kev passing it off. Christ, if you can’t take a 4 step run up and smack a ball in the net at that point cos you’re too tired, lol.
It’s not as daft as it seems.
When you’ve burned all your energy. Even the simple things become difficult. Even for De Bruyne.

Gabriel Jesus was an advertisement for the dangers of Covid-19. I’ve never seen him so drained. I bet that was the longest ten minutes of his life.

Champions League final.
Score level.
Last seconds.
Best 11 are on the pitch.
Penalty awarded to City.

Who takes it?
I'll go one better...
CL final playing Liverpool, scores are level after extra time and the game goes to penalties. What would be your order of the takers?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.