People on here who are against drugs...

Go and sit in court for a week.

90% of robberies and burglaries are committed by drug addicts to feed their habit. Gang wars over drugs kill loads of people. The trafficking (usually withh guns and people in tow) is a mega business that costs millions to police.

There is the difference. Alcohol is legally obtained and cheap. It doesn't cause half as many serious problems as drugs do.

Drug-related deaths in England and Wales 2000 to 2004[4](Can't find a updated one)
Cocaine 575
Amphetamine 384
Ecstasy 227
Solvents 246[3]
Opiates (heroin, morphine & methadone) 4,976
Alcohol 25,000 - 200,000 approx.
Tobacco half a million approx (UK - [1]

From Drug scope but they do say they are not exactly sure because of some off theses reasons:

* people who are dependent on drugs and overdose
* suicides by overdose of people who have no previous history of using drugs
* accidental poisoning or overdose
* ecstasy related deaths where people have died from overheating through dancing non-stop in hot clubs rather than from the direct effect of the drugs
* deaths associated with cigarette smoking
* deaths from accidents where people are drunk or under the influence of drugs
* murders and manslaughters where people are drunk or under the influence of drugs
* deaths from driving while drunk or intoxicated
* deaths from AIDS among injecting drug users
* deaths which had nothing to do with the presence of a drug in the body

IMO there all as bad as each other and it's all about choose and opinion.But because Drink is legal it can kill hundreds and thousands off people whilst being alright because it's legal yet drugs have less death rate and because it's illegal it's naughty and wrong.It's part of the madness of the world.

Drink may cause more deaths right, but its legal therefore more people will use and abuse it.

Just imagine certain drugs were made available legally, do you not think they would then be used and abused even more than alcohol.

josh06 said:
Drink may cause more deaths right, but its legal therefore more people will use and abuse it.

Just imagine certain drugs were made available legally, do you not think they would then be used and abused even more than alcohol.

Good point.

masterwig said:
josh06 said:

Good point.

Yeah, the comparisons between usage (and therefore the related casualty lists) of legal and illegal drugs is inherantly flawed as they aren't working from a level playing field.

de niro said:
Mada-MCFC-adaM said:
Sorry if posted before.

Are the people who are anti-drugs on here Teetotal?

If not, how can you be anti-drugs?

Alcohol is one of the most dangerous, addictive, dependent drugs, that causes sooo much shite in people lives. It's a drug.

But yet people who smoke weed, or drop a few pills at the weekend, or have a few lines or whatever and cause no trouble, who are completely in control of their actions get labeled a druggy, called mugs etc.

People who drink alcohol are also druggy's, more hooked on that than many of the so called druggy's on here.

I just don't understand how anyone who drinks can sit there and slate someone is on drugs or a druggy, while they sip away on a beer, whiskey, bottle of wine, like I am right now haha.

two wrongs dont make a right. smokers say the same thing, "what about cars, they choke people" blah blah blah,its a get out clause for their weakness.druggies (proper ones) i bet cause more hardship and dread within their families than drinkers or smokers ever do.

Go to any A&E department at the weekend and which will you see it full of, people that are pissed or stoned?

Matty said:
I'm not against drugs, I'm against drugs for me. I've got friends who use drugs of various classes, I don't say anything about it and they don't try and get me to use them.

Same here mate, What people want to put up their nose etc is their fucking business.

twinkletoes said:
de niro said:
two wrongs dont make a right. smokers say the same thing, "what about cars, they choke people" blah blah blah,its a get out clause for their weakness.druggies (proper ones) i bet cause more hardship and dread within their families than drinkers or smokers ever do.

Go to any A&E department at the weekend and which will you see it full of, people that are pissed or stoned?

As mentioned above, when one drug is legal and one is illegal then the number of users, and the number of people requiring medical attention based on their usage, will always be skewed. It's not really a reliable method for measuring the affects.

masterwig said:
Go and sit in court for a week.

90% of robberies and burglaries are committed by drug addicts to feed their habit. Gang wars over drugs kill loads of people. The trafficking (usually withh guns and people in tow) is a mega business that costs millions to police.

There is the difference. Alcohol is legally obtained and cheap. It doesn't cause half as many serious problems as drugs do.

If alcohol was illegal how many alcoholics would be committing those type of offences?

There are two million people a week taking cocaine and of those I would say a tiny fraction are involved in any type of offence apart from obtaining the drug of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.