Pep’s Spurs (H) Post-Match Interview

Neither can Pep have it both ways?

I booed them off at half-time because it was not up to our standards and hasn't been for weeks.

Booing the performance is an important distinction, demanding the team find the level it has set and trying to get a reaction.

We played shit at Southampton and for an hour at United, and neither were in front of our own fans.

Pep sprinkled a few home thruths into his rant, some more than valid, but it lies somewhere in between.

It's reverse psychology for dummies and another example that Pep is also not the same person and easily triggered, whether citing net spend trophies, publicly digging out an overweight player, or playing Cancelo on the right wing and then hooking him.

The crowd is disengaged at times, but he's out of order for a few things and he would know it if he didn't live in a complete footballing, lavish bubble.

Our brand of football can be beautiful, but lacks intensity, pace and power, so the majority of the crowd mirror our football, passive until it produces an outcome or reaction?

Other factors will always include the ridiculous cost of tickets. If the Club wants middle class fans and foreign tourists, you will get the crowd you deserve.

City don't want some twentysomething off the local estate spitting bile and spending nothing at the tills while they are there.

Pep doesn't need to tell me this team is way off it.

Guess what, you are paid £20m a year, you see them every day in training, you pick the team.

Sometimes it is simply on Pep, or the players.

I would never tell another fan how to support the team, whether it be at the game or in their own front room.

I'm as hungry as ever for success, never complacent about what we have won.

I'm now 48, however. I'm not the stupid 18 year kid who once shamelessly hissed gas noises at Spurs fans, simply because everyone else did it, sang Munich chants and stood outside the away end goading away supporters.

I'm a dad, I want to sit and enjoy the game with my son, I've lived a fan era which has long since passed. United, Liverpool, I am out of my seat a lot more.

Performances and rivalries will always dictate an atmosphere and level of hostility, same goes for a sense of injustice.

Otherwise we are just self-aware Scousers or Palace fans.

I certainly agree that the club has no interest in filling the ground with skint lads and lasses off the council estates.

Soriano’s wet dream is a tourist who will spend £100 in the club shop. And that’s not the kind of ‘spectator’ who will scream their lungs out.

I can see us going unbeaten now all season we will destroy the arses home and away and win yet another league, take a bow sir pep you are a genius

I booed them off at half-time because it was not up to our standards and hasn't been for weeks.

Booing the performance is an important distinction, demanding the team find the level it has set and trying to get a reaction.

We played shit at Southampton and for an hour at United, and neither were in front of our own fans.

Pep sprinkled a few home thruths into his rant, some more than valid, but it lies somewhere in between.

It's reverse psychology for dummies and another example that Pep is also not the same person and easily triggered, whether citing net spend trophies, publicly digging out an overweight player, or playing Cancelo on the right wing and then hooking him.

The crowd is disengaged at times, but he's out of order for a few things and he would know it if he didn't live in a complete footballing, lavish bubble.

Our brand of football can be beautiful, but lacks intensity, pace and power, so the majority of the crowd mirror our football, passive until it produces an outcome or reaction?

Other factors will always include the ridiculous cost of tickets. If the Club wants middle class fans and foreign tourists, you will get the crowd you deserve.

City don't want some twentysomething off the local estate spitting bile and spending nothing at the tills while they are there.

Guess what, you are paid £20m a year, you see them every day in training, you pick the team.

I would never tell another fan how to support the team, whether it be at the game or in their own front room.

I'm now 48, however. I'm not the stupid 18 year kid who once shamelessly hissed gas noises at Spurs fans, simply because everyone else did it, sang Munich chants and stood outside the away end goading away supporters.

I'm a dad, I want to sit and enjoy the game with my son, I've lived a fan era which has long since passed. United, Liverpool, I am out of my seat a lot more.

Performances and rivalries will always dictate an atmosphere and level of hostility, same goes for a sense of injustice.

Excellent post

Pep has played the crowd, the atmosphere at the weekend will be off the scale just as he wants it to be.

Last night if we did not know already we not only have a magnificent coach but a wonderful man, fan, player, board and owner motivator.
On the latter, I would imagine we will be breaking a lot of records this summer to show Pep we have no intention of dropping the standards set over the last decade.

It's fine margins and he understands that, his frustration boils over because he knows the talent he has at his disposal, but if it starts to come with a "Meh" attitude it's pointless, we lose. Rodri for their second goal, too weak, Kane wanted it more, got it and produced the shot that led to the goal. Against United Ake and Akanji were piss poor for their second goal. Both the winger and Rashford didn't have to do too much to create and score it, it was weak defending, second rate.

You're right on the crowd. Pricing out the younger more moody local element for middle class fans and tourists and that's what you get. As for booing, sorry anybody not pulling their weight or dropping bollocks in any job gets called out on it. It's the fans way of saying pull your fucking finger out. It's mild compared to some of the stick that got dished out at Maine Road.

A pretty big statement from Pep last night in such a high stakes game to leave so many star names on the bench. All of them have underperformed a lot this season and unless they get the hunger back will be gone pretty soon. By his interview last night you can tell he's at the end of his tether. He must have said this to them many times in private, now he's made it public and hopes it will sink in. We hope so too.

Best interview he has ever given,he actually gave us something worth listening to.

Its clear,he's still on a mission.....and that's what many needed to hear.
Spot on. Got my juices flowing, so I’m sure it has everyone else.

He’s not a daft man, he knows exactly what he’s doing. He’s hit the right note with both anyone who he’s pleased with him doing it and everyone who isn’t.

Let’s see the reaction all around…

Richards, what a prick, played right into the hands of the rag press and media, Peps had enough, he's at the end of his tether, even the bird in the studio could see what he was doing.
getting the fans and the players up for sunday!!
he might be an ex player but ffs he's thick as pig shit and comes out with fuck all worth listening to
He misses the point too often, Micah. I haven’t listened to what he said but it doesn’t surprise me if he’s missed it here.

Richards, what a prick, played right into the hands of the rag press and media, Peps had enough, he's at the end of his tether, even the bird in the studio could see what he was doing.
getting the fans and the players up for sunday!!
he might be an ex player but ffs he's thick as pig shit and comes out with fuck all worth listening to
Micha Richards is a numpty, he is the TV version of the Sun / Daily Sport, he does himself and us for that matter no favor's.

That’s an easy accusation but I’m not sure it’s true. We are in 101 which is a mix of season tickets and tourists. We have a bunch of pretty elderly regulars round us who have been match goers for decades. They are brilliant fans and love city as much as anyone in the ground. Guess what? They are silent. when we score, they hug each other and us and that’s it. I sing the songs I know and so do many of the tourists most of whom are not U.K. residents. It looks to me like they see it as part of the match going experience.
We could be better, I did think it was quiet in the first half. It’s not all the fault of the middle class and tourists though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.