Pep’s Spurs (H) Post-Match Interview

FOUR dog snidely fouls on the youngest and least experienced lad on the pitch and neither the captain,or one of NINE international colleagues, did anything.

Looking after the youngest child in your family is one of life’s immutable reactions. That’s what probably pissed Pep off most of all.

UNFORGIVABLE !!
Said everything about those that went missing on the pitch, inexcusable and a clear sign of how standards have dropped.

Only Brian Clough is a better manager than Pep , how the fuck do you win the old division 2 , get a couple of free transfers and then basically win the prem and adds a couple of another free transfers buys are Tve plays him wide right ( he brought him as a striker and told him I brought you for 1m but you will do whatever I say now go and play right side , cause Birtles/Woodcock are miles better than you ) he scores back stick against Malmo , one European cup , they had John Robertson he proved to anyone if you are that good you are that good ( he smoked 20 fags a day what a player he was ) , another European cup against Hamburg , sorry am stoned , that post took ages can’t wait for the grammar place
No way can you tell you are high from that post ;)
Solid effort Jack!

All this discussion, valid points, moans and so on.... It doesn't matter at the end of the day, we're needed now. Yes the players should react when the same player gets fouled for the 4th time by the same opponent, but beyond that we can't change the ref being crap. Use it, overcome it, but it needs talent and fire. Nobody in the stands is about to play like Mahrez did, but we can do the second.

Pep wants noise, he gets noise. Eyes on the prize, if we want to win it then it needs to show in every kick, every touch, every seat.

The players have proved it's still in there somewhere, the fans too. Need it for 90 mins every game now otherwise arsenal are champions.

Loud and proud blues, make wolves hesitate at the Etihad and the lads will do the rest.

Neither can Pep have it both ways?

I booed them off at half-time because it was not up to our standards and hasn't been for weeks.

Booing the performance is an important distinction, demanding the team find the level it has set and trying to get a reaction.

We played shit at Southampton and for an hour at United, and neither were in front of our own fans.

Pep sprinkled a few home thruths into his rant, some more than valid, but it lies somewhere in between.

It's reverse psychology for dummies and another example that Pep is also not the same person and easily triggered, whether citing net spend trophies, publicly digging out an overweight player, or playing Cancelo on the right wing and then hooking him.

The crowd is disengaged at times, but he's out of order for a few things and he would know it if he didn't live in a complete footballing, lavish bubble.

Our brand of football can be beautiful, but lacks intensity, pace and power, so the majority of the crowd mirror our football, passive until it produces an outcome or reaction?

Other factors will always include the ridiculous cost of tickets. If the Club wants middle class fans and foreign tourists, you will get the crowd you deserve.

City don't want some twentysomething off the local estate spitting bile and spending nothing at the tills while they are there.

Pep doesn't need to tell me this team is way off it.

Guess what, you are paid £20m a year, you see them every day in training, you pick the team.

Sometimes it is simply on Pep, or the players.

I would never tell another fan how to support the team, whether it be at the game or in their own front room.

I'm as hungry as ever for success, never complacent about what we have won.

I'm now 48, however. I'm not the stupid 18 year kid who once shamelessly hissed gas noises at Spurs fans, simply because everyone else did it, sang Munich chants and stood outside the away end goading away supporters.

I'm a dad, I want to sit and enjoy the game with my son, I've lived a fan era which has long since passed. United, Liverpool, I am out of my seat a lot more.

Performances and rivalries will always dictate an atmosphere and level of hostility, same goes for a sense of injustice.

Otherwise we are just self-aware Scousers or Palace fans.

Last edited:
Well we know why now we having this slight blip it’s passion not the system Pep mentioning Lewis being kicked continually and not one of our players went over to have a go at the spurs player! Hopefully last night was tuning point to the season and the players fans passion!

In a nutshell. You can have all the talent in the world and it will bail you out on occasion, but without that insane desire not to be beaten, that hunger, that will to win, that fight, you'll win nothing. That's what's won us all the trophies and pushed a very good Liverpool side into second place for all but one season. Pep still has it you can see that from his interview.

I think it is very clever from Pep, personally.

He is choosing a moment where it seems like we have got the passion back (team and supporters) to call out the fact that we haven’t actually. That more work needs to be done. He didn’t just call out the home fans, either—he took responsibility for needing to reignite the fire in the team and the supporters.

Personally, I think this is the exact right time to say these things. Because he wants everyone, especially the players, to know this can’t be the normal performance, because it isn’t sustainable.

He is not wrong, but there is some amount of shite in that. And it could break, as much as it could make the season.

Last edited:
That first half is maybe what you all needed a good slap in the chops ......... if you do go on and win the league then this could be the game that started it ......... remember the Newcastle loss a few seasons ago ?????? All soon and gloom on here I recall and look how that turned out :)

Sometimes you need games like this to get you going ..........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.