Pep’s Spurs (H) Post-Match Interview

An event happened this season that has never happened in football history . Taking place in a country with red hot energy sapping weather. I'm not blowing my own trumpet but it seemed a bit obvious that performances were going to be affected when returning back to freezing cold England. Even after the signing of Haaland , I just thought this is going to be a strange season. So just want to say , no more booing , it was a sign of arrogance . We will start motoring again and you can't blame City players for the result at the swamp.

I thought the booing was dedicated to the Ref.

Sometimes, we need the crowd to lift the team, and other times, the team to lift the crowd, nothing wrong in that imo, it’s about accepting that and being in sync, it’s how sport, and sports people are, even the greatest sports people who’ve ever lived have needed a bit of motivation and a kick at times, same goes for the crowd, just do your bit when it’s there to see.

Well said mate, to call out your own supporters was piss poor from Pep. I don't think he understands that supporters help pay for his players, and when they're underperforming fans have a right to express their feelings. 67 quid is something that Pep could just chuck out of his window and not give a slightest fuck about, but for a lot of city fans it's a big part of their weekly wage to spend on one game.
You are also spot on about giving rival fans more ammo to spout at us, as if they needed any more. So..... pep is right for tomorrow then from the Wolves fans
Yawn.

I read the ollie Holt article and stand corrected. But I still am not comfortable with what Pep said.
It was needed we have become as complacent as the players, comfortable in winning titles.

Winning is special, it should be cherished, protected and fought for, never taken for granted.

Pleasing to hear Pep put the boot into the leadership upstairs.

The Board of Directors must be quietly celebrating the ‘net spend trophy’, and half expecting an invitation for a lap of honour on the final day of the season.

It both annoys and amuses me that the Board endorsed the sale of Raz and Zinny without replacing them. I can hear them slapping one another on the back over a glass of port, and admiring one another’s business acumen and financial penny pinching.

While our Board celebrates the ‘net spend trophy’, Arsenal, Chelsea and the scum will be moving heaven and earth to overtake us.

City aspire to be the biggest club in the world. It’s time the Board actually took the gloves off financially, backed Pep to the hilt, and stop making Pep fight battles with one arm tied behind his back.

So good on you Pep!
Complete garbage, how you can criticise our owners is truly beyond belief after what they have given us. They are as close to perfect as fan could wish any owner to be. The word "spoilt" comes to mind

About the same time in the season, and they went on to win the CL that year.

Edit: funny reading this at how similar his rant was compared to Pep's.

This is why Ferguson and Pep are two of the best to grace the PL.

They will have been thinking about this for a few weeks and waited until they won a home game to go nuclear with a rant. There is no way in hell they'd do it after a defeat. Even after the Southampton game, Pep didn't go in so hard on the players or fans, he picks his moments to deliver the kick up the arse in the hope it gets a reaction and usually it will work. We will have to see over the next few games whether his words work but I suspect the atmosphere will be better today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.