Pep’s Spurs (H) Post-Match Interview

So a few days from his so called rant, and a umber of things he said have been made into headlines and articles.

I notice one of them that hasn't, is his pointing out we are ot the highest spending club any more but 4th 5th domestically and even lower in Europe. Don't see that turned into a capital letters headline, or given a coulmn.

What fans are being priced out?

(local) Working class City fans with or without kids. Our bread and butter fans. And our future generations of City fans. They can't afford £68 Adult match tickets and £45 junior match tickets.
I have never paid anywhere near 68 quid

So a few days from his so called rant, and a umber of things he said have been made into headlines and articles.

I notice one of them that hasn't, is his pointing out we are ot the highest spending club any more but 4th 5th domestically and even lower in Europe. Don't see that turned into a capital letters headline, or given a coulmn.
City shouldn't have been allowed to buy players mate through dirty oil money, that was the narrative at the time and still carries on to this day from bitter rival fans.
Of course, every other club buys players from self generated money which we know is complete and utter bollocks

An event happened this season that has never happened in football history . Taking place in a country with red hot energy sapping weather. I'm not blowing my own trumpet but it seemed a bit obvious that performances were going to be affected when returning back to freezing cold England. Even after the signing of Haaland , I just thought this is going to be a strange season. So just want to say , no more booing , it was a sign of arrogance . We will start motoring again and you can't blame City players for the result at the swamp.
Phillips obviously enjoyed himself and treated the WC like a month away in Ibiza with his mates , so much so that after gorging on junk food , cakes and full fat coke that he came back with his derby hanging over his shorts , I’d say that it’s the fact that they’ve had a months holiday in the sun that has affected their form , the poor little darlings must have thought it was their end of season holidays - because let’s have it right , not one of our players were over worked at the WC- and that includes Alvarez who made it to the final.

As frustrating as a draw would have been, it would still have been a point in a tricky away game. To lose from that point was absolutely the players fault. The defending for the winning goal was Sunday League.
The first should.ruled out and if that's not allowed I don't believe they get the second. It knocked the stuffing out of us and gave them all the momentum.

Phillips obviously enjoyed himself and treated the WC like a month away in Ibiza with his mates , so much so that after gorging on junk food , cakes and full fat coke that he came back with his derby hanging over his shorts , I’d say that it’s the fact that they’ve had a months holiday in the sun that has affected their form , the poor little darlings must have thought it was their end of season holidays - because let’s have it right , not one of our players were over worked at the WC- and that includes Alvarez who made it to the final.
Exactly, they want it all on a plate for them the little poppets. But you can see why lots of players become complacent when they are getting paid such ridiculous amounts, when you have that much money some probably think why do I have to put in a hard shift today, and we've seen that recently at City.
I still think players should be able to play 2 or 3 games a week, a lot of this burnout talk comes from Pep and the players then believe it.

The first should.ruled out and if that's not allowed I don't believe they get the second. It knocked the stuffing out of us and gave them all the momentum.

Absolutely. But that’s the point when you turn an injustice into a resolute belief that you’re not going to let it get any worse and at least get out with a point. Not start running round like headless chickens and virtually gift them a winning goal aswell.

Held my counsel on this, having listened incredulously to the shit coming out post-match on my 3 hour drag back to Leicester. Then listening to the media salivating over another stick to beat us with, and it being handed to them by Pep, of all people.

Well Pep, sorry my friend, your knee-jerk post-match reaction was a cunts trick. Dig out the players, the staff, the board, whoever you want, but to turn on the supporters is bang out of order.

53,000 souls turned up on a freezing Thursday night, in a cost of living crisis like no other, to watch a dreary first half of mostly sideways keepball. Then, bang, we conceded 2 of the sloppiest goals you'll ever see, then the half time whistle went. A few booed and jeered, primarily out of shock in my opinion, a knee-jerk reaction to two minutes of madness. No big deal, it happens at every ground in the country. So fucking what. Get over it and use it to motivate your team.

Pep is on record as much preferring the ebb and flow of English atmosphere's, reactive to what's going on the pitch, rather than the European model of megaphones and song sheets. Well, that's EXACTLY what happened, a simple reaction, so fucking deal with it man.

"Our away support is the best", so by inference, the home support at the grounds we're the best at, is shit as well? Modern football, at ludicrous prices is not conducive to the atmospheres of old, although still much better than your beloved Barca. I've paid £16 for my Leipzig ticket, the bloke in front of me in 116 on Thursday paid £113 for him and his lad. Guess what, not a peep out of him all game. Make that £50 for a priced-out Blue, the chances are they'll "engage" in the atmosphere and sing a song or two.

So, we're now fair game, the supporters, to take more shit from dickheads all over the fuckung country. Sneered at and the butt of many a shit joke. We've laughed off the Emptihad shite, put it to bed, even sing songs about it. WWYWYWS we turn on its head. We've always took the piss out of ourselves, it's what we do. But we've been fed to the Wolves, literally, tomorrow, by our main man.

10 guesses at what will be the first song the Wolves fans sing tomorrow.

Cheers Pep.
Sunday Bloody Sunday ?

Absolutely. But that’s the point when you turn an injustice into a resolute belief that you’re not going to let it get any worse and at least get out with a point. Not start running round like headless chickens and virtually gift them a winning goal aswell.
Human nature being what it is meant they were always likely to score another, we've seen it happen loads of times over the years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.