Pep’s Spurs (H) Post-Match Interview

One quote that kind of got a bit lost, but I absolutely love Pep for, is when he said Rico Lewis got fouled 4 times for no yellow card and we didn’t react. He’s so right. The senior players should have put Hojbjerg and Bentancur in their place for targeting him. But they’re nowhere to be seen and Rico has to lick his wounds on his own. It’s fucking spineless from some of these players, I’m so glad Pep is calling it out.
and fans didn't do much to protect Rico either........he was pissed off with that too as well as pen

I think the fans booing at half-time was the wake-up call to everybody at the club, even pep
sorry, pep the buck stops at your door, because you are the manager and the setup of this team is all over the place,

AKE is not a left back, OK will play anywhere to get in this team, but what are you saying about Gomez ? who you signed in the summer as a left back, why use 3 centre backs and lewis, who I think had an amazing game by the way, when other teams and their managers use it as our weakness to hurt us down the left,

the one player missing from the team that makes all the différance to defending and attacking is the left back
I can say 100% jack Grealish would be outstanding if he had somebody running off him to take a player away or to use as the overlap,

us fans, understand football as well and don't like what we have seen so far this season ? a patched up defence that is all over the place and changes every week

I really rate Ake, but as you say, he isn't a left back. He gives his all and there's no doubting that, but if Spurs had anything about them they'd have have exploited all the space he was leaving in behind him all second half. Better teams will.

Sorry Pep but I've just got home and if you want the fans behind you, get the team playing from the start of the game, the slow boring side to side possession for the sake of it game just saps the energy of most in the ground to be honest, as soon as the team looked like they gave a shit so did everyone else, can't see his arse when his tactics have put out dull as dishwasher performances and expect people to be cheering yet another 20 passes that don't lead to anything.
Spot on

Pep was bang on money - as he is 99.9% of the time. He is absolutely right to call out the team and the fans. Complacency as seeped in from all sides. The achievements that Pep has delivered for our clue are all based on a work ethic that he brings, which is at a level that is rarely found anywhere in the game. The way he approaches every single nuance that he provides is way beyond to awareness of most people and after he joined City, in all honesty, there was already some sense of complacency around the club. And let's be honest, it is not the first time he has had to call out the fans. And quite rightly so.
The atmosphere tonight was tepid - at best. A few parts of the ground were rocking, but it felt more like a 'friendly' atmosphere rather than a competitive one. And the booing at half time was nothing short of a kid throwing a tantrum, hurling themselves to the floor and throwing out their dummy. Incredibly short memories..............

Food for thought. Maybe don’t price a midweek game, in the middle of an unprecedented cost of living crisis, just after Christmas at fucking £68 for the cheapest ticket, and £40 for U18’s.
Love Pep to bits, he’s a footballing genius, but he can fuck right off calling the fans out.
We need calling out. It’s not just about tonight. We as fans have got gradually worse as the season’s gone on.

We had three identical games - two before the World Cup and one after it.

Late in all three games it was 1-1 against Fulham, Brentford and Everton.

The crowd were well up for it against Fulham, we were right behind them all game and right to the end when we got the 98th minute winner with just ten men and the whole team did a lap of honour to thank the fans.

But against Brentford and Everton the atmosphere was as flat as a witch’s tit, we ended up losing the Brentford game and drawing the Everton game. We were chasing winners in both of those games, just like Fulham, but we were shit in the stands and didn’t drive the team on to win when they needed it. Drive the team on to win those two and we’d be sitting top of the league tonight.

Tonight if we’d carried on all game like we did in the stands in the first half we’d have lost that game. But when the team came out for the second half we were right up for it, just like Fulham, and we went on to win and the team did a lap of honour to thank the fans.

I think Pep’s right to call us out because we as fans have drifted this season. Just like we’re right to call the team out and him out, because they’ve also drifted.

Tonight is the turning point! For both the fans, the team and him… feels different now.

Roll on Sunday!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the fans booing at half-time was the wake-up call to everybody at the club, even pep
sorry, pep the buck stops at your door, because you are the manager and the setup of this team is all over the place,

AKE is not a left back, OK will play anywhere to get in this team, but what are you saying about Gomez ? who you signed in the summer as a left back, why use 3 centre backs and lewis, who I think had an amazing game by the way, when other teams and their managers use it as our weakness to hurt us down the left,

the one player missing from the team that makes all the différance to defending and attacking is the left back
I can say 100% jack Grealish would be outstanding if he had somebody running off him to take a player away or to use as the overlap,

us fans, understand football as well and don't like what we have seen so far this season ? a patched up defence that is all over the place and changes every week
A wake up call ???
We are second in the league. A league Pep has won for us four times in five years and you say it is he who needs a wake up call.
City fans are becoming (or possibly already have become) the self entitled, arrogant sods that we used to despise over the road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.