Pep, 2016-17 Ticket Prices etc.

Until stadiums are half empty and even goals aren't celebrated by the tourists watching fuck all will be done by the business men.

This isn't a problem isolated to us, but across the entire sport and in many other 'fan' based industries.

Just repeat 'fan' ad naseum, talk about 'real fans' and how 'different' x is to y, 'community' while squeezing the chain tighter and tighter.

Everyone should ditch Platinum first. What a waste of money that is for anyone other than those on 12000 plus points.

I wonder how many people signed up to this years ago and are still paying it despite it not actually offering much at all to most people.

I moved last year from padded seats to SS3, still a good view, saved £250 a season.

There will come a point when people will just give it up. The club need to be very careful with this pricing. Not only that they need to be fairer. Why have they taken the money for the Kiev game 5 weeks before the game during a month when everyone will be forking out a ton plus for Wembley?
I'm binning my platinum next season. You're right, I don't know why I bothered with it tbh, it doesn't give me anything extra really.

Ticket Prices has got to the stage where it is Good PR open goal for clubs. Just look at the good will towards Liverpool from there decision on all they have really done is back down on a price rise, no real reductions/

The first club that comes out & says "you know what, were dropping our prices per game to £30 tops across the board (ex corporate), £20 tops for away fans, with season tickets priced accordingly, we encourage other clubs to do the same".... Would be media darlings & put on a perch as the saviours of football in this country, caring etc...

If they did that at City, you would have 54,000 sell out every week, you would sell more food & drink, probably more programmes, merchandise etc... & I think you would only be a little out of pocket (ex the new TV deal)

Given the deal TV deal, why wouldn't you sacrifice a couple of million of income now, for the long term benefit of attracting a new generation of fans & thinking long term. Surely it's a no brainer??

The simple answer is that increasingly in industry, Games-football-media etc is that ALL the money is the only acceptable metric and must be strived for, anything less is failure

I'm binning my platinum next season. You're right, I don't know why I bothered with it tbh, it doesn't give me anything extra really.

I have already saved £150 doing this. Its a con and I bet there are thousands who fell for it. it probably benefits a maximum of 4000 people who have to buy it to stay at the top of the tree. It was effectively a £50 or 10% ST rise by stealth when they introduced this. It is a classic case of people wanting to be in an exclusive club hence the word Platinum! I have seen this ploy used in many marketing campaigns over the years.

always amazes me that people accept that the price has to go up, despite going up every year. At what point does the person earning 20k a year decide i am fed up of giving more to someone who already earns in a year what i wont see in 5 lifetimes. The new tv deals are astronomical, what exactly do we need to pay more for. Has Ya Ya really justified his 8-10 million pound salary this season, does he and his ilk really need anymore, where does it end. 10 quid to park your car, burger and chips that will be 8 quid, bottle of pop in a wobbly cup 3 quid, like the new shirt, thats 60 quid plus. Want to prove your loyalty, thats 50 quid extra, but forget about actually getting any perks because we sell the tickets on elsewhere anyhow, join the cup scheme guarentees you tickets for wembley, but sorry you cannot have one for your kid, despite it being impossible for him to do school nights football, all this done under the banner of #together, you couldnt make it up

It's really depressing the way football is nowadays but it's more depressing that we've seen it coming for years but not really done much about it. I remember back in 2007? Derby away on a Tuesday night was £42 I think. It was certainly a bigger than expected price but now £42 for an away day seems cheap.

Personally I'm at my limit now as I think £30-£35 per game in the league is just about in my "value" range and any more then I think I'm not getting value for my season ticket. If I wasn't so intrigued by pep coming in I'd be giving up my season ticket this season. The missus would follow suit so that'd be 2 season ticket holders for 13 years gone all because we've been pushed to the limit with regards the cost.

We've done home and away with city during our time as season ticket holders and loved every minute but the time is rapidly coming where we pull out alltogether and use our money elsewhere. I cant be squeezed for every penny by the suits involved with football for much longer.

It's really depressing the way football is nowadays but it's more depressing that we've seen it coming for years but not really done much about it. I remember back in 2007? Derby away on a Tuesday night was £42 I think. It was certainly a bigger than expected price but now £42 for an away day seems cheap.

Personally I'm at my limit now as I think £30-£35 per game in the league is just about in my "value" range and any more then I think I'm not getting value for my season ticket. If I wasn't so intrigued by pep coming in I'd be giving up my season ticket this season. The missus would follow suit so that'd be 2 season ticket holders for 13 years gone all because we've been pushed to the limit with regards the cost.

We've done home and away with city during our time as season ticket holders and loved every minute but the time is rapidly coming where we pull out alltogether and use our money elsewhere. I cant be squeezed for every penny by the suits involved with football for much longer.

I'm in same boat as you 2 x £760 season tickets in (230) me and Mrs,the Pep factor will drag me there once more like you I think,to add a few points onto to my 3620 I have already.........joke really innit

After the media attention the scousers have got I predict they'll now freeze the majority of prices instead of a planned price rise. Most will be happy with that and the club will get praised for it but it will merely be a delay of the inevitable which will eventually see a return to prices rising again year on year.

I'd prefer it if they scrapped platinum but i'll be forced into it again next season, as a regular away dayer it's sadly essential if i still intend on getting to away games not just next season but any season in the future. I moved from south stand level 2 to the cheap seats last season and didn't mind so much paying for platinum as it was still cheaper than previous seasons, as long as it doesn't increase dramatically i'll somewhat begrudging pay it again.

Have to say fair play to the Scousers lets hope it encourages more fans to make their voices heard and forces the money men to seriously rethink the way they treat fans in this country.

I'm in same boat as you 2 x £760 season tickets in (230) me and Mrs,the Pep factor will drag me there once more like you I think,to add a few points onto to my 3620 I have already.........joke really innit

Yep a proper joke, like I say it's pretty depressing to be honest.

We're in 216 and it's a cracking seat behind the goal, we'll be gutted to go without a doubt but it's got to the stage where enough is enough and we'll watch from the comfort of our home instead.

Away tickets have become unreal from a price perspective. Over £60 in some cases. There's potentially £120 straight away then petrol and food on top. An easy £200 for a trip to say Stamford bridge on a fucking Sunday at 4pm. Up for work next morning at 5am??

Everyone's circumstances are different of course and mine are no means the norm but from an average salary and work life point of view the above example is shit.

Football has let itself completely spiral out of control and become virtually out of reach for an average person or family. We've loved jumping in the car and driving up to Newcastle, Middlesbrough or to a pre season game in Glasgow. Loved doing the same for the southern games in Portsmouth, Norwich or West Ham. Loved booking hotels & flights for Thessaloniki, Naples or Copenhagen but we'll fuck the lot off unless we stop getting drained for our last pennies that are virtually useless to the club anyway in the grand scheme of things.

Not had kids yet but unfortunately when we do they'll not experience what we have unless they decide to do so when they're older.

With 10,800 points I manage to qualify for about half of the away league games. I would have missed out on plenty of them if I didn't have platinum for the last three seasons and been in every cup scheme every season. Even by doing all that, I have still only managed to just about stand still in the pecking order. In fact, I have actually gone slightly backwards and am still some way off getting tickets for most Champions league aways.
Platinum is a big no need from the club but I don't feel like I have a choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.