Pep, 2016-17 Ticket Prices etc.

I'm not the kind of person to overeact, but if tickets were to go up again, how many season's now, and a walkout was planned, I would join in.

The Scousers aside, enough is enough.

Jeez, you're a misery of late PB. If they freeze (or even reduce) the prices for next season will you give any credit to City or will you say it was all down to the scousers (of all people)?

Have PB and Dismal swapped user names!

That said, its about time the prices are frozen. I do t fancy paying more to be sat with away fans in 93:20!

I'm all for cheaper tickets but clearly there is a problem with people buying season tickets and then only turning up to the big games - hence loads of empty seats. For these people the price is clearly too low !

And so there needs to be measures put in place to deal with this as any reduction in season ticket prices is likely to make the problem worse.

I
I'm not the kind of person to overeact, but if tickets were to go up again, how many season's now, and a walkout was planned, I would join in.

The Scousers aside, enough is enough.

I would also.
With 10,800 points I manage to qualify for about half of the away league games. I would have missed out on plenty of them if I didn't have platinum for the last three seasons and been in every cup scheme every season. Even by doing all that, I have still only managed to just about stand still in the pecking order. In fact, I have actually gone slightly backwards and am still some way off getting tickets for most Champions league aways.
Platinum is a big no need from the club but I don't feel like I have a choice.

I'm in the exact same boat with just over 11,000 and were inbetween a rock and a hard place.

You can not pay it and fall behind the pack leaving you with no chance of away games or you pay it just to be in with a chance of getting away tickets.

We didn't bother paying it last season and we missed out on our opener this season at west brom and gladbach away because of the dropped points so we feel that if we want to go to away games we simply have to pay it.

It's disgusting and whoever thought it up needs a slap round the chops

Whoever came up with it will have had a big fucking bonus, I'd guess it was the guy who came from Derby? Seem to remember he'd squeezed extra cash out of thier supporters as well.

I'm all for cheaper tickets but clearly there is a problem with people buying season tickets and then only turning up to the big games - hence loads of empty seats. For these people the price is clearly too low !

And so there needs to be measures put in place to deal with this as any reduction in season ticket prices is likely to make the problem worse.

£30 a game is fair for a season ticket holder in my opinion. The perk being that your exempt from any big game increase to the price so the Derby for example won't be £30 for non season ticket holders. However the home games against Swansea, west brom etc should be around £30 for non season ticket holders too.

Personally no ticket home or away should exceed £40 in my opinion unless it's a premium seat in a corporate area of the stadium. £40 for an away day is fairly reasonable I think. So is £40 for a non season ticket holder to get a ticket for a derby or a game against Liverpool or arsenal.

Yep a proper joke, like I say it's pretty depressing to be honest.

We're in 216 and it's a cracking seat behind the goal, we'll be gutted to go without a doubt but it's got to the stage where enough is enough and we'll watch from the comfort of our home instead.

Away tickets have become unreal from a price perspective. Over £60 in some cases. There's potentially £120 straight away then petrol and food on top. An easy £200 for a trip to say Stamford bridge on a fucking Sunday at 4pm. Up for work next morning at 5am??

Everyone's circumstances are different of course and mine are no means the norm but from an average salary and work life point of view the above example is shit.

Football has let itself completely spiral out of control and become virtually out of reach for an average person or family. We've loved jumping in the car and driving up to Newcastle, Middlesbrough or to a pre season game in Glasgow. Loved doing the same for the southern games in Portsmouth, Norwich or West Ham. Loved booking hotels & flights for Thessaloniki, Naples or Copenhagen but we'll fuck the lot off unless we stop getting drained for our last pennies that are virtually useless to the club anyway in the grand scheme of things.

Not had kids yet but unfortunately when we do they'll not experience what we have unless they decide to do so when they're older.

Success does come at a cost as we all know,we never thought that this would happen to us,although we all prayed and hoped it would one day,in the past we would have settled for a cup run,but how things have changed.

There was a thread a few week back,to do with the "disconnection" from fan/supporter with the club,and a lot was and has been discussed in that thread alone,and I don't want to bring it all up again,but this season now as it stands is like this for me.

I think I qualify for a Cup Final ticket on Thursday pm,but my mrs doesn't till a few days later I think,so I can't buy one for me and have her somewhere else in Wembley,so I'll wait and see what happens with that,I will attend every league game at home for the rest of the season,might do Champs League 1/4 final if we get there,(should do),and if the unthinkable happens and we get to that final,well again I'll be doing my upmost to get a ticket,well 2 for it,the FA Cup (I joined the scheme) is up in the air now,but ain't cost me anything as we have been drawn away every round upto now,but as for next season it'll be a season ticket each,unless our block is made corporate,then I will get tickets off here on a match to match basis,cause I ain't going sitting in that stand behind the goal in the Gods,if we have to move,so it's an interesting few months ahead for me and her as City supporters,otherwise I'll have to become an armchair fan myself

the thing is with the new TV deal you can bet which player comes in the summer he will want some xtra and I'm sure some already here will want some xtra, and the club will put season cards up to pay for the players bit of xtra money

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.