Pep and the Boston Celtics

Im a bit of an old head basketball wise, lakers fan since shaq and kobe. Im some ways organized youth basketball is more sophisticated than the nba today since the kids cant shoot as well. Too much reliance on 3 pointers for my taste, it used to be seen as a gimmicky shot, now its the meat and potatoes of the game.

Pep should get into american football, its a basically a game of chess, he would love it i think.
Yes, my 14 yos team was only allowed to shoot 3 pters for the first time this year (coaches rule)!

The only North American sport I watch sometimes is Hockey, used to watch NBA but I just don't find it interesting these days.
Is Basketball considered a North American sport ? I played it at school in England in the late 70’s

Is Basketball considered a North American sport ? I played it at school in England in the late 70’s
James Naismith
Canadian-American educator and physician

Description​

James Naismith was a Canadian-American physical educator, physician, Christian chaplain, and sports coach, best known as the inventor of the game of basketball. After moving to the United States, he wrote the original basketball rule book and founded the University of Kansas basketball program in 1898. Wikipedia

James Naismith
Canadian-American educator and physician

Description​

James Naismith was a Canadian-American physical educator, physician, Christian chaplain, and sports coach, best known as the inventor of the game of basketball. After moving to the United States, he wrote the original basketball rule book and founded the University of Kansas basketball program in 1898. Wikipedia
Gotta love a new sport :)

What a privileged life he’s earned, to be welcomed into the heart of any sporting arena he chooses and to get to swap ideas with people at the top in sports the world over.

Well he brought them luck tonight. He needs to tell Mazulla not to tell them to be chucking up three-pointers every time though...;)

Three to go. Stick around Pep. I'll give you a personal tour of Gillette Stadium if you like. You can even have the spare bedroom...:)

thats cool but the celtics brand of ball is really gimmicky, 5 out, shoot a lot of threes, the only thing thats even slightly related to guardiola is the attention put on the defensive transitions.

Doncic and kyrie's games are much more pep like but the nba is a bit of a turd product nowadays, whoever is hitting more threes wins. yaay, theres little nuance besides a couple of teams like the nuggets and golden state, they are way more pep like
FM, stop chatting shit about my C's. You sound like a Dipper...

We played it once in 4th year (the year before the final year for the youngsters) but nobody knew the proper rules (not even the teachers) and the team with the 6ft player won as nobody else could score. Kids don’t really play it over here, I see loads of hoops set up above garages but never see them used.

In terms of professional sports yes it is.
Professional basketball and ice hockey tried and failed in the UK (even the rags had a basketball team) but it was all style over substance. Folk went when the free tickets were dished out at the Nynex Arena but once the freebies stopped so did the punters.

We played it too at school, i suspect it had more to do being able to be indoors and doing sports in the winter months......

Well he brought them luck tonight. He needs to tell Mazulla not to tell them to be chucking up three-pointers every time though...;)

Three to go. Stick around Pep. I'll give you a personal tour of Gillette Stadium if you like. You can even have the spare bedroom...:)
The Revs could certainly do with a helping hand!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.