Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Step up the rest of the players as well (especially the attacking players who always squander chances)

Pep Guardiola: "Liverpool will obviously be champions of the Premier League. It is phenomenal what they have done. Overwhelming. In the past Leicester and Chelsea have won the league and then not qualified for the Champions League..."

"We have managed decent results even though we can't repeat the title. With our points total, we would be fighting for the league in Spain, Italy, Germany. The mentality of this team is honestly one of the best I have handled in my career..."

"How they [the Man City squad] react in the bad moments, that is why I am so proud." #MCFC | @ManCity

As long as he keeps his passion for football alive, he will be and remain the best football manager in the world. I am already looking forward with great expectations to see what he does with our beautiful team next season, to make us even better. Cause he will, no doubt about it.

Perhaps that first bit is true, but I am not sure I would want a manager that did not want that, to be fair, even if we fans couldn’t reasonably produce the desired intensity all the time (and I am definitely guilty of that, both during our **** days and during some of our best recent performances).

The second bit about Mancini goes without saying, though, I am not sure he cared about the fans quite as much as some think. ;-)

At the end of the day, their passion stems from a fierce professional pride in their work, not a love of the badge. We are the ones who love the badge.

If they “get us” while they are here, they’ll be remembered more fondly once they’ve fcuked off into the sunset.

A great example being their contrasting attitudes towards the rags.

There’s a difference between caring and striking a chord.

At the end of the day, their passion stems from a fierce professional pride in their work, not a love of the badge. We are the ones who love the badge.

If they “get us” while they are here, they’ll be remembered more fondly once they’ve fcuked off into the sunset.

A great example being their contrasting attitudes towards the rags.
I am going to move this to the Pep performance thread, just to make sure we don’t hijack the thread (as referenced in Karen’s comment in the Post-Match thread).

Just to better understand your position, though, which attitude do you think was a better example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.