Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really confusing the ways choosing the team and lineups. The worst players in a wingback system are walker and zinchenko, the only players who can play there are cancelo and mendy, at least they can attack and cross.
I think it was a defensive move to combat SU's wing CB strategy. At least with Walker it was, I think.

He's very big on giving the players a specific amount of respect. Another example is he's very conscious of seniority within a squad. I'm sure he assumed that penalties were never supposed to be THIS problematic. However you're right, it needs addressing.

Exactly, he's been respecting his players but it looks like he has now decided that enough is enough.

Really confusing the ways choosing the team and lineups. The worst players in a wingback system are walker and zinchenko, the only players who can play there are cancelo and mendy, at least they can attack and cross.

Sterling needs a period on the bench, Aguero & Jesus should be starting more together and it would be nice to see Garcia & Foden playing more, I don't think its a risk or disadvantage at this stage in the league unless they show they aren't ready which they have not yet.

What you think really isn't relevant though, which is not to say you can't have a view on a forum, but as I'm bored out pointing out, Pep is so many levels above the denizens of this forum it's not surprising people get confused. The point is that Pep has an understanding of the game that might just be second to none and that most of what he does has been thought through very carefully.

He will be persisting with Sterling for a good reason, one of which will be that he doesn't think Raz's form is as off as some of our supporters do. You can be damn sure that the people that would be most delighted to see Raz benched would not be supporters like you but our opponents.

I know it's not performance based but he's really starting to annoy me now. Moaning about the amount of games, moaning about a winter break & now moaning about FA Cup replays. This is the English game & these are the reasons everybody loves our league & our trophies over the foreign equivalents. He's trying to turn our league into one of those other leagues that nobody really cares about from the outside.

I know it's not performance based but he's really starting to annoy me now. Moaning about the amount of games, moaning about a winter break & now moaning about FA Cup replays. This is the English game & these are the reasons everybody loves our league & our trophies over the foreign equivalents. He's trying to turn our league into one of those other leagues that nobody really cares about from the outside.
He’s saying what 90% of managers do when asked the same question.
Doubt he’s trying to change anything.

Pep has a really valid point, as it does affect the overall quality of the league but nothing will be done as there is too much money involved and the game is too institutionalised to change for the better.

Last edited:
What you think really isn't relevant though, which is not to say you can't have a view on a forum, but as I'm bored out pointing out, Pep is so many levels above the denizens of this forum it's not surprising people get confused. The point is that Pep has an understanding of the game that might just be second to none and that most of what he does has been thought through very carefully.

He will be persisting with Sterling for a good reason, one of which will be that he doesn't think Raz's form is as off as some of our supporters do. You can be damn sure that the people that would be most delighted to see Raz benched would not be supporters like you but our opponents.
I know what your saying, but shouldnt Pep have started Jesus n Mahrez against Palace after there showing at Villa away. Sometimes imo he looks too far ahead instead of thinking this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.