Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll leave you to work that one out :)
giphy.gif

Like a mad scientist who previously created a vaccine that saved millions of lives and has lost his mind and is now performing sick experiments on live frogs.

I've got a terrible, terrible feeling about the Madrid game now. I've been excited about our CL potential this year since the league has gone but he's gonna do something stupid, isn't he? As if the team selection and system and various other things weren't bad enough he again tried to close out a game by throwing on a defender and going away from everything we're good at. I already envisage a last minute Ramos header from a free-kick given away by Otamendi on the edge of the box.

Unfortunately, I do think most of our issues beyond the poor finishing today were down to player selection, formation, and tactics chosen by Pep.

Hopefully he has learned from this and will set things up right for Madrid.

Cancelo was a bit of a strange selection on the left of a back three. But I don’t see any major issue with the shape - it’s one he’s used a few times before, and it actually plays into a number of our strengths (two more orthodox midfielders, plus two ‘number 8s’, and two proper widemen). If everyone where available (and on form!), it could be pretty exciting:

———Walker—Fernandinho—Laporte——-
———--———Rodri—Gundogan————
Sterling—-De Bruyne—Bernardo—Sané
—————————-Aguero—————-

Of course it’s a risky system defensively, but that goes with the territory with Pep. And you still have that defensive block of 5 - just the inverse of the 2-3 that we played for most of the 17/18 season. And we coped much better defensively tonight than we did last time against them with a back four.

Unfortunately, I do think most of our issues beyond the poor finishing today were down to player selection, formation, and tactics chosen by Pep.

Hopefully he has learned from this and will set things up right for Madrid.

Both me and you know he doesn't give a shit and will do some strange thing in some game very soon. It's Pep, that will never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.