Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won’t score 6 goals across such a big tie. I know we’ve scored 100 this season but tonight shows in the big moments we won’t take the chance.

yep, it's only aguero who looks hot in scoring department these days. That canceled goal tonight was a beauty.

Happy we are through, and don't blame him for our players not being able to score.

But I just find his player management a bit odd at times:

Foden - Don't understand his strategy with his game time
Jesus - Why is he getting dropped for Sterling when Sterling doesn't deserve to start. Maybe Pep really didn't value this 2nd match and didn't want to waste Jesus.
Cancelo - Given no consistency in position isn't going to help him.

It’s never a good sign when players don’t look comfortable and several out there today didn’t seem to know quite what they were supposed to be doing.

I don’t think I have ever seen such a sustained period of tactical experimentation from a manager before. Every single week it’s something different.

The optimist in me hopes he’s just using this season to prove out a few theories that will serve us well next season

He had 2 fit left backs but he put a rb there

John and eric jnr on the bench but he uses rodders instead

How does he expect players to be comfortable

3-1 and no need to do it

I'm quite intense and he has really got under my skin this week

Diabolical team selection and he only got away with it becasue the Rags were absolute shite , he is pissing around with tactics , formation and players far too miuch this season using the excuse of rotation , we need to get back to last seasons system and quick.

He had 2 fit left backs but he put a rb there

John and eric jnr on the bench but he uses rodders instead

How does he expect players to be comfortable

3-1 and no need to do it

I'm quite intense and he has really got under my skin this week
Can happen. Just get a good night's sleep and shake it off.

Odd team selection which seemed to be a trial to deal with the counter attack. It worked because they didn't have success in that regard. We also created a lot of chances but just couldn't take them and then were punished. That's good night if it is the CL against a better team so a worry for me.

Should have made changes to the system earlier in order to win the game. We dropped deeper and got sloppy and had too many players looking for the ball in the same position. Bernardo, De Bruyne, Silva, Gundogan. Weird to take Mahrez off rather than Sterling who kept missing chances....

Foden should have been used for more drive. He sticks the chance away that Silva chose to pass and give away! Jesus could have come on for some more energy too.

Job done. And I just hope this experimentation prevents a catastrophe in the CL where Pep does it and we get knocked out. He has done it before with Bayern and even picked off lineups with us before.

He needs to realise we can't keep a clean sheet. Stick to playing open attacking football and we should outscore the opposition over two legs. We can't go away and not score because we can't keep a clean sheet at home. Approach the Madrid game as if it is the second leg and they have an away goal already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.