Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not criticising him in any way, but, in my humble opinion if we go into next season with him not signing an extension it is going to have a serious detrimental effect on us as a club. The speculation will be incredible and I also feel it will have an effect on our player recruitment in the next window.
Khaldoon has a close friendship with Mancini but it did nor prevent him doing what was in the best interest of MCFC and the same will apply to Pep.I would imagine Pep is under some pressure to sign an extension and if he refuses the club has a serious decision to make.And by that I don't mean we sack him.

Absolutely valid what you say about speculation if he doesn't sign an extension.

But whether that merits the club having to make a decision there and then, im not so sure. Not for me. He simply sees out his contract, and hopefully bags a few more trophies. And has another year to choose to extend.

The club being bigger than the manager logic applies to player recruitment equally.

I hope that he'll decide to stay. I don't think that the club can find someone better than him right now, so they'll do everything to keep him.

The question will rather be whether he decides at some point to leave. He hasn't had much longer times at one club than the time he has spent here. Will he feel exhausted and in need of a break at some point? No-one knows, but I'm quite sure that the decision will be purely his own. As long as he enjoys himself here, he'll stay. The moment he starts to enjoy it less, he'll be gone towards new horizons.

Absolutely valid what you say about speculation if he doesn't sign an extension.

But whether that merits the club having to make a decision there and then, im not so sure. Not for me. He simply sees out his contract, and hopefully bags a few more trophies. And has another year to choose to extend.

The club being bigger than the manager logic applies to player recruitment equally.
If he see out his final year with the same success as his final years at Barcelona and Bayern that's fine by me.

I hope that he'll decide to stay. I don't think that the club can find someone better than him right now, so they'll do everything to keep him.

The question will rather be whether he decides at some point to leave. He hasn't had much longer times at one club than the time he has spent here. Will he feel exhausted and in need of a break at some point? No-one knows, but I'm quite sure that the decision will be purely his own. As long as he enjoys himself here, he'll stay. The moment he starts to enjoy it less, he'll be gone towards new horizons.

In soms ways, it is good that this 'disappointing' and testing season is happening now, rather than after had he just signed an extension on the back of a good season. If he then does decide to extend, he is making a choice to really commit. and if he doesnt, then he gets his final season to go on a high.

I can see Pep staying for a while. What other jobs are there? And he will be hurting about the season so far. I predict a very motivated Pep doing good things in the CL and in the league next season and for a few seasons after that.

I can see Pep staying for a while. What other jobs are there? And he will be hurting about the season so far. I predict a very motivated Pep doing good things in the CL and in the league next season and for a few seasons after that.

He's going to Juve ............................allegedly ( Italian press )

Joking based on past rumours but I'm pretty sure they would love to sign him up if he became available.

He's going to Juve ............................allegedly ( Italian press )

Joking based on past rumours but I'm pretty sure they would love to sign him up if he became available.

The media stuff aside that job would interest most elite managers. But I can't see him leaving City.

He left Barca on a high. Then he left Bayern after a few seasons. These are no shoddy football adresses. He strikes me as the type who wants to try all kinds of things, not a one-club man.

We'll see. Either way, he'll stay next season as @Coatigan said above. It's a big challenge for him to get this squad on the rails again, and back to their usual excellent standards. In relative terms, this season has been a bad let-off so far. It could still change to be fair, especially depending on results in the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.