Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I've been thinking about lately and the way Pep is in his interviews. I think by the media trying to push him out of city and out of the league with the whole money narrative, the CAS and failure narrative last season. They have actually pushed him closer to the club and the fan base.

Of course we've loved him the whole time he's being here and for sure the feeling has been mutual, but there was always a feeling for me at least that he was just popping in for a few seasons, winning some stuff and then moving on. But ever since the press conference after the CAS verdict and topped off with his contract renewal this season, he just comes across more as one of us than he has ever done before, he feels like a blue.

That's just my thoughts on it anyways.

I agree, I think when he arrived he was surprised at the media response. Big bad City, pep can't do it at Stoke, whats this playing out rubbish.
I believe he would like to discuss football at his level, and is frustrated when the hacks get in front of him.

He's made it further in the Champions League than we have since Pep joined and he's a crucial part of the team that are currently sat two points behind Bayern in the Bundesliga.

Some failure.
Look. He failed at city. Full stop.
His comments are foolish. Each player should only look at themselves. A sportsman who blames others and not themselves is not a successful sportsman.

he will never beat Bayern over there. 2nd in the bundesliga is the best he will ever get.

there’s nothing wrong with not playing for the side that wins. There’s nothing wrong with having a good steady career. But don’t spout crap against a manager for not playing you when you weren’t good enough.

David Moyes' Pep praise​

Man City v West Ham (Sat, 12:30 GMT)
ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpg

Simon Stone
BBC Sport
David Moyes was asked about the potential manager of the year award at the end of the season.
He has won the prize more than anyone other than Sir Alex Ferguson and his work in getting West Ham into the Premier League's top four at present is being recognised.
However, Moyes thinks Pep Guardiola will win it.
"There is only one candidate and that is Pep," he said.
"This is the best chance Manchester City have had of winning the Champions League and everybody is sure Man City are going to win the league.
"They are in one cup final and in with a chance of another.
"You would have to be football stupid not to recognise their quality."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/fo...38c74af1296a02de3aa86b&pinned_post_type=share

Guardiola branded a 'beast' of a boss as Otamendi lifts a lid on life under the Man City coach​

Asked by The Athletic to give his take on Guardiola, Otamendi has said: “A beast.

“There’s nothing better than having a coach like Pep. Honestly, I was lucky to spend those four years with him.

“It’s important to listen to every instruction Pep gives you. He’s a demanding coach. He doesn’t allow you to relax: you have to compete with the other player for your position every day.

“He improves you technically. He works on your positioning, your aggression, everything. I tried to absorb all the information Pep gave me, to learn from everything he said to me.

“If you do things the way he tells you, it’ll end up going the right way for you during a match. That’s why you have to be very open, to have your head ready to take it all in. You have to be prepared to learn.”

Otamendi, who left City for Benfica in the summer of 2020, added: “Pep gives you all the tools you need to learn, after that it’s up to you to evolve. You have to concentrate.

“Honestly, the years I spent with him were very happy ones. I learnt something every day, in every training session, from every little tip. I’m fortunate to have had a coach like him.”

-----------

Top lad Nico

The press conference today was amazing according to Sam Lee.
The quotes from Pep will come out this evening, they were in the embargoed section

Its to do with our lack of credit and spending i'll guess

Sounds like Pep's said some interesting things in the embargo. He was quite bullish about money etc. in the normal press conference so I wonder what has got the journalists excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.