Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot will be discussed about results, performances, goals, player selection, formations etc over the next few months, and no doubt Pep will come under plenty of scrutiny, but one thing I think we are all missing with the pragmatism currently being shown, is how much Pep has learnt about the Premier league. The parallels between this season and his first are quite stark, we are rebuilding, Pep is rebuilding this team, just like he did in that first season, it won’t all go to plan but it is shaping up a lot better than that first year, we’d of lost this game in that campaign. Win our game in hand & we are on the periphery, progress was achieved in the league cup and CL qualification for the next round is one win away. We’ve sorted our defence and I fancy us to go on and sign a midfielder & forward eventually, does this mean he’s gonna sign an extension? Possibly, but more importantly the foundations are being laid now for another cycle, it’s not easy to challenge on all fronts whilst making major surgery to the starting eleven but we are making a good fist of it, I for one will not be losing patience with the club or management in this transition period, it might get a bit turgid, we might have to settle for one nils, the football may not be so free flowing and our top players may struggle for form, but we will rise again, this club has shown this time & time again over the last decade, new heroes will rise and we will win titles....so let’s not act like the entitled ones in Stretford

Makes no sense and I can see kids leaving because of his short-sightedness

It must be very frustrating for those kids seeing Garcia on the bench when they should imo be there.

Garcia is a real issue and whilst not wanting to cave in to the shithouses at Barca, the sooner he is fucked off the better. The situation cannot be good for morale imo.
[/QUOTE]
The kids played games at the weekend

He couldn’t let the performances from earlier in the season go on. We were too open and could easily have lost points against Wolves and been beaten by Leeds. What I like about the current way of playing is that we have tightened it right up at the back. That is a start. We can build on that. We don’t look like a side who are going to score 4/5 goals currently so we need to make sure we don’t concede many.

The points on the board so far isn’t great but thankfully we are not too far behind yet.

We do need to start putting a few wins together now though.

Some say pragmatic, others say negative.

Moving to that turgid, double pivot of Rodri and Gundogan has been such a negative for us because it has completely destroyed our pressing game which was one of the best in world football and it's actually made us far worse and more prone to losing the game because we've not been dominating possession like we used to.

A lot will be discussed about results, performances, goals, player selection, formations etc over the next few months, and no doubt Pep will come under plenty of scrutiny, but one thing I think we are all missing with the pragmatism currently being shown, is how much Pep has learnt about the Premier league. The parallels between this season and his first are quite stark, we are rebuilding, Pep is rebuilding this team, just like he did in that first season, it won’t all go to plan but it is shaping up a lot better than that first year, we’d of lost this game in that campaign. Win our game in hand & we are on the periphery, progress was achieved in the league cup and CL qualification for the next round is one win away. We’ve sorted our defence and I fancy us to go on and sign a midfielder & forward eventually, does this mean he’s gonna sign an extension? Possibly, but more importantly the foundations are being laid now for another cycle, it’s not easy to challenge on all fronts whilst making major surgery to the starting eleven but we are making a good fist of it, I for one will not be losing patience with the club or management in this transition period, it might get a bit turgid, we might have to settle for one nils, the football may not be so free flowing and our top players may struggle for form, but we will rise again, this club has shown this time & time again over the last decade, new heroes will rise and we will win titles....so let’s not act like the entitled ones in Stretford
Thank you for this. our fanbase is making me so angry at times, there's a lot of things going on, it's not just black or white. We just drew with Liverpool not with Fulham.

It does seem we are focusing on UCL this year and Pep seems to be planning for it, especially the later stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.