Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some say pragmatic, others say negative.

Moving to that turgid, double pivot of Rodri and Gundogan has been such a negative for us because it has completely destroyed our pressing game which was one of the best in world football and it's actually made us far worse and more prone to losing the game because we've not been dominating possession like we used to.
We're stuck with the Rodri/ Gundogan partnership unfortunately, Pep has a hard on for it. We always played our best football playing the 4-1-4-1 formation, and it certainly wouldn't be Gundogan as one of those attacking four.

I said it in the other thread, but I'm reminded of 18/19 Liverpool.

They're defence carried them through the 1st half of the season, and by the time they started conceding their attack got into gear.

We don't have that ability to win against all odds, but as long as the defence stays resolute we'll keep up with the pace before our attack inevitably kicks into gear.

I said it in the other thread, but I'm reminded of 18/19 Liverpool.

They're defence carried them through the 1st half of the season, and by the time they started conceding their attack got into gear.

We don't have that ability to win against all odds, but as long as the defence stays resolute we'll keep up with the pace before our attack inevitably kicks into gear.
We’re 8 points behind already with barely any games played.

Agree with most of your comments. This is the football I want to see, and the best way that allows us to have a good shot at the Champions League. OK I exaggerate a little here, but our attack is way out of form, yet we look comfortable, never look like conceding except for that penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.