Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth remembering that at the start of the season we were pressing well and creating chances before gassing out after 30 minutes. Which caused us all sorts of problems. Almost like Liverpool experienced today.

I think this play style is driven more by fitness than personnel.
Then why not take advantage of substitutes?

Then why not take advantage of substitutes?
I don't know for sure, but a few managers have avoided subs. I think they're afraid of a player getting injured and not having a sub.

Plus Fernandinho's injury might have left a sour taste.

I don't know for sure, but a few managers have avoided subs. I think they're afraid of a player getting injured and not having a sub.

Plus Fernandinho's injury might have left a sour taste.
Ok. So run those that are playing into the ground is going to help our fitness and injury problems?

Ok. So run those that are playing into the ground is going to help our fitness and injury problems?
Exactly. Whatever he does something is at risk. He brings nobody on the players on the pitch are at risk. He brings 3 on and the introduced players are at risk plus he's in danger of having a 10 man team.

So if he tells them to run around like madmen they're even more in danger. The fitness just isn't there.

A lot will be discussed about results, performances, goals, player selection, formations etc over the next few months, and no doubt Pep will come under plenty of scrutiny, but one thing I think we are all missing with the pragmatism currently being shown, is how much Pep has learnt about the Premier league. The parallels between this season and his first are quite stark, we are rebuilding, Pep is rebuilding this team, just like he did in that first season, it won’t all go to plan but it is shaping up a lot better than that first year, we’d of lost this game in that campaign. Win our game in hand & we are on the periphery, progress was achieved in the league cup and CL qualification for the next round is one win away. We’ve sorted our defence and I fancy us to go on and sign a midfielder & forward eventually, does this mean he’s gonna sign an extension? Possibly, but more importantly the foundations are being laid now for another cycle, it’s not easy to challenge on all fronts whilst making major surgery to the starting eleven but we are making a good fist of it, I for one will not be losing patience with the club or management in this transition period, it might get a bit turgid, we might have to settle for one nils, the football may not be so free flowing and our top players may struggle for form, but we will rise again, this club has shown this time & time again over the last decade, new heroes will rise and we will win titles....so let’s not act like the entitled ones in Stretford
Great post, the most important word you penned was “rebuilding”.

Reactions: mat
If you were to pick an eleven based on Pep’s stereotypical managerial style that he has managed in his career, I think you would pick two teams before anyone in this side would be included (outfield only, Ederson would get in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.