Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Heaton Moor

Looked fairly downcast last night before and after the game. Wonder if he's upset about transfers or just toning down the intensity this season for a more measured approach...

He is hard to read sometimes. He looked absolutely delighted at the beauty of the second goal.

I thought he was a bit slow to react yesterday when we had our 15 min headless chicken spell. If nothing else, a sub would have slowed the game down for a couple of mins.

Seems worried about depth and lack of 5 subs, also not a fan of season restarting this early with players getting tested positive for COVID. Very understandable, it's made his job unnecessarily hard.

'Watching Take Us Home: Leeds United Season 1, Episode 4', and reminds me how Bielsa's behaviour makes me think of Pep's comment that he has to earn his contract here.

This kind of thinking aligns with Bielsa's approach, taking complete responsiblity, and wonder if Pep has learned this from him or is also why he loves him so much.

"Spy gate," Bielsa revealed as ridiculous following his "PowerPoint lecture," yet Leeds was still fined, most likely out of some kind of nonsense, yet when the club was fined 200k he ensured that he paid it himself!

The same man who let Villa get a free goal because he thought Leeds had scored unfairly! This is a man of high integrity.

When Pep says to us he has to earn his contract, my cynical side says this is a way for him to get out of jail free, but watching the series reminds me that it may be he genuinely thinks he possesses highly similar personality traits as Bielsa, where self-criticism and being honourable in the context of demanding perfection of himself and others is what this is really about.

He clearly finds press conferences an absolute chore and at a time with 7 first team players out and COVID affecting the squad, his mood is forgivable. I don't imagine his mood is helped by the current climate, in the sense of potential new players arriving late in the day: he is a planner, not an off the cuff guy. In performance terms, 2 games and 2 wins, one against a team we lost twice to last season.

'Watching Take Us Home: Leeds United Season 1, Episode 4', and reminds me how Bielsa's behaviour makes me think of Pep's comment that he has to earn his contract here.

This kind of thinking aligns with Bielsa's approach, taking complete responsiblity, and wonder if Pep has learned this from him or is also why he loves him so much.

"Spy gate," Bielsa revealed as ridiculous following his "PowerPoint lecture," yet Leeds was still fined, most likely out of some kind of nonsense, yet when the club was fined 200k he ensured that he paid it himself!

The same man who let Villa get a free goal because he thought Leeds had scored unfairly! This is a man of high integrity.

When Pep says to us he has to earn his contract, my cynical side says this is a way for him to get out of jail free, but watching the series reminds me that it may be he genuinely thinks he possesses highly similar personality traits as Bielsa, where self-criticism and being honourable in the context of demanding perfection of himself and others is what this is really about.
Thought provoking, insightful and very plausible post that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.