Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently his presser today was something else. Pure passion and up there with his best ever - given some of the things We’ve seen in the past, that’s saying something.

His latest conference is just another example of the man Pep is, any other manager would be feeling sorry for themselves right now.

Imagine the excuses Klopp would be coming out with, the self pity seeping from every pore of his body and the press would be licking his arse for it. Whereas, with Pep some of them tried to put some stats together, to show it's all his fault(even when the "overthinking" catchphrase is completely invalid), to rub salt in the wound, yet they still haven't got a rise out of him. Klopp would be frothing at the mouth before the press conference even began, if people came after him like that. I've seen quite a few people say they wonder how Klopp would do at City recently. Personally, I don't think he could handle certain aspects that would come with taking the role on at City.

People forget how worshipped Pep was before he came to City. The disrespect, attempts to downplay his achievements, label him a failure every season, default dismissal of blatant incorrect calls that decide results, suggestions that he isn't mentally strong after every defeat(ignoring that he has less defeats than most managers) and the general amount of shit he gets from certain press members(including accusations of bungs, attempts to call him a hypocrite for supporting Catalan independence just because he manages City) all due solely to their allegiances...

All of that came from the fact that he chose to come to City and put peoples noses out of joint by doing so. Then they consoled themselves in the hope that he wouldn't stay long: "3 years and he'll be off" they said. He's ended up staying longer at City(as manager) than any other club and could well extend his contract again. They seem to ramp up the anti-Pep shite, the closer he is to making a decision on extending. They seem to want to turn the club's boardroom and fans against him too, with some of their takes. He'll know all of that and yet he continues to stick his neck out for the club, defending it the only way he knows how(okay sometimes he doesn't get it right but it's with the best intentions) and he does so in a manner that I for one respect and appreciate, more often than not.

I don't get how any City fan can't see how lucky we are to have him.

Last edited:
Agreed about Klopp. He’s the best manager the English game has seen since Ferguson. Bar none.
Its not just that he has won a league title and come second with 97 points, and it isn’t even that he has won one, (probably two in a couple of weeks) CLs as well as making a third final.
For me it is that his whole team, whomever he picks, plays with a confidence and arrogance that only the very best managers can instill.
Liverpool never ever look beaten. They always play with a belief that they will find a way to win. Think back to the turn around against Barcelona the other year. Does anybody think City under Pep would or could turn around a first leg deficit like that? No chance. He would have spent the week leading up to that second leg telling everyone who listened that Barcelona deserved to be there and we were still learning to play like a big club.

I think he’s great and I’d be delighted to see him extend as over a long season his deficiencies can be overcome with the quality of players he has been provided with, but I’m sorry he is second to Klopp in terms of his overall ability as a manager.
Pep takes great players and keeps them great, albeit whilst flogging them to death.
Klopp takes great players and makes them believe they are unbeatable and makes very good players into beasts.

A Klopp side would not have thrown away a two goal lead going into injury time against a poor Madrid side. Our players look, and have done for some time now, like a group that cannot function instinctively. The moment Madrid scored their first we went to pieces as our ability to play through setbacks has been exhaustively coached out of us.
And why the fuck doesn’t he use our youth set up more. No point in spending millions setting up the best academy in the world if we then let it’s highest potential lads move to rivals for peanuts because they cannot get sensible game time at City. Thank god Foden is a city fan or else no doubt would have left as well.

He’s a great manager. Only a fool would suggest otherwise, but he isn’t quite the very top level a la a Ferguson or a Klopp or a clough.
I don't care if this is a wum or not (I don't think it is btw), this post deserves a huge like.

There's no denying Pep's record and the way he's influenced English football, but I've never really taken to the man himself - I just think there's something not quite right about him.

As much as I hate to agree with him, the recent article by Dietmar Haaman in the Mail ran very close to what I have suspected about Pep since his days at Bayern.

He's obviously very popular with his squad so I guess he must be a nice bloke. There again, so is Jurgen Klopp. They're both great man-managers, but I get the distinct impression that he wouldn't risk running his players into the ground like Pep has with KDB and Bernardo in particular.

Of the two, I have always felt that (if I was still playing) I'd rather play for Klopp than Pep. Truth be told, I had rather hoped that he would get the City job and think I may well have even posted as much on here before Pep was appointed.

I can't help but think that we'd have won the CL at least twice by now under Klopp, and probably have the same number of PL titles.

His latest conference is just another example of the man Pep is, any other manager would be feeling sorry for themselves right now.

Imagine the excuses Klopp would be coming out with, the self pity seeping from every pour of his body and the press would be licking his arse for it. Whereas, with Pep some of them tried to put some stats together, to show it's all his fault(even when the "overthinking" catchphrase is completely invalid), to rub salt in the wound, yet they still haven't got a rise out of him. Klopp would be frothing at the mouth before the press conference even began, if people came after him like that. I've seen quite a few people say they wonder how Klopp would do at City recently. Personally, I don't think he could handle certain aspects that would come with taking the role on at City.

People forget how worshipped Pep was before he came to City. The disrespect, attempts to downplay his achievements, label him a failure every season, default dismissal of blatant incorrect calls that decide results, suggestions that he isn't mentally strong after every defeat(ignoring that he has less defeats than most managers) and the general amount of shit he gets from certain press members(including accusations of bungs, attempts to call him a hypocrite for supporting Catalan independence just because he manages City) all due solely to their allegiances...

All of that came from the fact that he chose to come to City and put peoples noses out of joint by doing so. Then they consoled themselves in the hope that he wouldn't stay long: "3 years and he'll be off" they said. He's ended up staying longer at City(as manager) than any other club and could well extend his contract again. They seem to ramp up the anti-Pep shite, the closer he is to making a decision on extending. They seem to want to turn the club's boardroom and fans against him too, with some of their takes. He'll know all of that and yet he continues to stick his neck out for the club, defending it the only way he knows how(okay sometimes he doesn't get it right but it's with the best intentions) and he does so in a manner that I for one respect and appreciate, more often than not.

I don't get how any City fan can't see how lucky we are to have him.
3iS8.gif

I don't care if this is a wum or not (I don't think it is btw), this post deserves a huge like.

There's no denying Pep's record and the way he's influenced English football, but I've never really taken to the man himself - I just think there's something not quite right about him.

As much as I hate to agree with him, the recent article by Dietmar Haaman in the Mail ran very close to what I have suspected about Pep since his days at Bayern.

He's obviously very popular with his squad so I guess he must be a nice bloke. There again, so is Jurgen Klopp. They're both great man-managers, but I get the distinct impression that he wouldn't risk running his players into the ground like Pep has with KDB and Bernardo in particular.

Of the two, I have always felt that (if I was still playing) I'd rather play for Klopp than Pep. Truth be told, I had rather hoped that he would get the City job and think I may well have even posted as much on here before Pep was appointed.

I can't help but think that we'd have won the CL at least twice by now under Klopp, and probably have the same number of PL titles.
Both posts deserve a huge

1651862218007.gif

I think there’s an awful lot to be said about that. Hopefully KDB can have a good rest in the summer but we must improve our squad and give younger players a chance, especially in the cups
You just know that he won't use young players in the 'easier' PL games. He's absolutely risk averse and scared of losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.