Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget statues, I want us to name a stand after this man. But let’s also get a statue of him smoking that cigar too. We are incredibly lucky to have him in charge and so committed to our club, which he clearly cares about passionately.

As someone said above, he has put up with so much shit from the media, referees and footballing authorities since he joined city. The sacrifices he has made by continuing to put up with unfair and coordinated smears on his reputation, purely because he’s linked to our club. He didn’t need to accept that and could have had it much easier.

I feel like he gets us more than anyone else because of that shit. I used to be in the Bobby Manc camp as far as understanding the fans went, but those were our easier days when the media portrayed us as “noisy neighbour” up and comers. The narrative has got a lot worse since then. Feel like we’re bound in blood now. I want us to win the UCL at one point, but if not with Aguero, and not with Fern, more than anyone it needs to be this guy. He deserves it.

His latest conference is just another example of the man Pep is, any other manager would be feeling sorry for themselves right now.

Imagine the excuses Klopp would be coming out with, the self pity seeping from every pour of his body and the press would be licking his arse for it. Whereas, with Pep some of them tried to put some stats together, to show it's all his fault(even when the "overthinking" catchphrase is completely invalid), to rub salt in the wound, yet they still haven't got a rise out of him. Klopp would be frothing at the mouth before the press conference even began, if people came after him like that. I've seen quite a few people say they wonder how Klopp would do at City recently. Personally, I don't think he could handle certain aspects that would come with taking the role on at City.

People forget how worshipped Pep was before he came to City. The disrespect, attempts to downplay his achievements, label him a failure every season, default dismissal of blatant incorrect calls that decide results, suggestions that he isn't mentally strong after every defeat(ignoring that he has less defeats than most managers) and the general amount of shit he gets from certain press members(including accusations of bungs, attempts to call him a hypocrite for supporting Catalan independence just because he manages City) all due solely to their allegiances...

All of that came from the fact that he chose to come to City and put peoples noses out of joint by doing so. Then they consoled themselves in the hope that he wouldn't stay long: "3 years and he'll be off" they said. He's ended up staying longer at City(as manager) than any other club and could well extend his contract again. They seem to ramp up the anti-Pep shite, the closer he is to making a decision on extending. They seem to want to turn the club's boardroom and fans against him too, with some of their takes. He'll know all of that and yet he continues to stick his neck out for the club, defending it the only way he knows how(okay sometimes he doesn't get it right but it's with the best intentions) and he does so in a manner that I for one respect and appreciate, more often than not.

I don't get how any City fan can't see how lucky we are to have him.
Every manager makes errors with judgement calls. He’s made a few BUT every other team in the fucking league if not the world has tried to copy the way he has set his teams up. No keeper goes long now from dead ball, being the most obvious example of how he’s changed the game in this country. Fullbacks and their role he changed. Klopp’s not original, Liverpool’s approach is not original. They’re effective for sure but they’re a long ball team essentially and they touched very lucky with Salah.

Can’t believe some of the shite I’m reading here about how Klopp is a better manager than Pep. Six seasons he has been in charge of the dippers and this is the first time he has actually given any respect to our domestic trophies.

He plays the same team week in, week out. His players never get injured even although they play more minutes than KDB and Bernardo.

Van Dijk got injured last year and where were they in the league, champions league, fa cup and the League cup? No where! We have significant players injured for months and Pep adapts to make us competitive in everything

They are one dimensional and rely totally on their front 3 to bring the results.

Klopp has learned the benefits of the trademark Guardiola high press and has adopted it successfully this year but let’s not delude ourselves that Liverpool have not been lucky and deserved their success. They have benefitted from some very poor refereeing, extremely late goals and very favourable cup draws.

The quadruple is not in their hands, it’s in the hands of Tuchel, Ancelotti and Guardiola.

There is no feckin way Klopp could deal with the shite that Pep has to put up with every week from the press and media. He is very fortunate that he can do and say what he likes without retribution and that includes running on to the middle of the pitch to celebrate (Everton), bullying 4th officials, linesmen and referees.

Remember that this was the man who said that our declaration of innocence at CAS was a bad day for football. He is a feckin twat of the highest order and any city fan coming on here and saying he is a better manager than Pep needs to have a long hard look in the mirror.

Can’t believe some of the shite I’m reading here about how Klopp is a better manager than Pep. Six seasons he has been in charge of the dippers and this is the first time he has actually given any respect to our domestic trophies.

He plays the same team week in, week out. His players never get injured even although they play more minutes than KDB and Bernardo.

Van Dijk got injured last year and where were they in the league, champions league, fa cup and the League cup? No where! We have significant players injured for months and Pep adapts to make us competitive in everything

They are one dimensional and rely totally on their front 3 to bring the results.

Klopp has learned the benefits of the trademark Guardiola high press and has adopted it successfully this year but let’s not delude ourselves that Liverpool have not been lucky and deserved their success. They have benefitted from some very poor refereeing, extremely late goals and very favourable cup draws.

The quadruple is not in their hands, it’s in the hands of Tuchel, Ancelotti and Guardiola.

There is no feckin way Klopp could deal with the shite that Pep has to put up with every week from the press and media. He is very fortunate that he can do and say what he likes without retribution and that includes running on to the middle of the pitch to celebrate (Everton), bullying 4th officials, linesmen and referees.

Remember that this was the man who said that our declaration of innocence at CAS was a bad day for football. He is a feckin twat of the highest order and any city fan coming on here and saying he is a better manager than Pep needs to have a long hard look in the mirror.
There’s some proper ungrateful dickheads on here

Even if we don't win the league I will be immensely proud of this team for this season and will give each and every one of them a rousing ovation in 2 weeks.
Shit happens, we cant win all the time.
Grealish scores we are in the final, fine lines.

Seems to me there's a few entitled supporters who should be careful what they wish for.
Peps the best manager we will ever have.

Why can’t people simply acknowledge and accept there is very little between Pep and Klopp as a manager, and City and Liverpool as a team playing attractive football. It’s competition. And it thrives both teams to incredible heights.
Whatever we do they can do it as well and the other way round.

Other than that it’s great to talk about how fck awful their fans are (they are), how Klopp typical represents German behaviour (gentle when winning, an envy twat when losing), how Mane is a dirty bastard (he is), and how the media overly adores them mainly because we are their main rivals.

Look, if they win the quadruple it’s a huge achievement that we can only better by winning a quadruple nog twice but three times in a row. And even than it’s only because the dirty oilmoney and cheating. So why bother.

Let’s just win the league. Spoil their party and the one for the media. Than we start again next season.
We are great to watch and win silverware in abundance. That’s the most important thing for me.

Now come on Spurs.

His latest conference is just another example of the man Pep is, any other manager would be feeling sorry for themselves right now.

Imagine the excuses Klopp would be coming out with, the self pity seeping from every pore of his body and the press would be licking his arse for it. Whereas, with Pep some of them tried to put some stats together, to show it's all his fault(even when the "overthinking" catchphrase is completely invalid), to rub salt in the wound, yet they still haven't got a rise out of him. Klopp would be frothing at the mouth before the press conference even began, if people came after him like that. I've seen quite a few people say they wonder how Klopp would do at City recently. Personally, I don't think he could handle certain aspects that would come with taking the role on at City.

People forget how worshipped Pep was before he came to City. The disrespect, attempts to downplay his achievements, label him a failure every season, default dismissal of blatant incorrect calls that decide results, suggestions that he isn't mentally strong after every defeat(ignoring that he has less defeats than most managers) and the general amount of shit he gets from certain press members(including accusations of bungs, attempts to call him a hypocrite for supporting Catalan independence just because he manages City) all due solely to their allegiances...

All of that came from the fact that he chose to come to City and put peoples noses out of joint by doing so. Then they consoled themselves in the hope that he wouldn't stay long: "3 years and he'll be off" they said. He's ended up staying longer at City(as manager) than any other club and could well extend his contract again. They seem to ramp up the anti-Pep shite, the closer he is to making a decision on extending. They seem to want to turn the club's boardroom and fans against him too, with some of their takes. He'll know all of that and yet he continues to stick his neck out for the club, defending it the only way he knows how(okay sometimes he doesn't get it right but it's with the best intentions) and he does so in a manner that I for one respect and appreciate, more often than not.

Superb post. I like all fans have criticized Pep like you do with any manager but I would never swap him for anyone. He got it dead right in his press conference - not only does he behave with dignity and integrity but all you can really hope for is to be in there competing and trophies are a wonderful bonus.
I like and admire the way that despite his genius he is flawed and shows his vulnerabilities. He is quite unlike any manager I've seen and you're right we are lucky to have him. God, I hope we win the league because playing without a striker for so long has been remarkable but if Liverpool win then so be it. There is some very strong competition these days.

Imagine the excuses Klopp would be coming out with, the self pity seeping from every pore of his body and the press would be licking his arse for it. Whereas, with Pep some of them tried to put some stats together, to show it's all his fault(even when the "overthinking" catchphrase is completely invalid), to rub salt in the wound, yet they still haven't got a rise out of him. Klopp would be frothing at the mouth before the press conference even began, if people came after him like that. I've seen quite a few people say they wonder how Klopp would do at City recently. Personally, I don't think he could handle certain aspects that would come with taking the role on at City.

One of the best posts ever on here.

Still of the opinion that we won't win the CL while Pep is here, and I'm fine with that.

When Pep is your manager, you set out to dominate possession, passes, shots, shots on target and xG every single game. Nine times out of ten, that's enough to win you the game. The statistically better side will usually prevail. Wednesday night's catastrophe was one of the rare exceptions. That's why you win the league most seasons if Pep's your manager, because that's across 38 games instead of a group stage and seven knockout matches.

Knockout competitions are just not the same as leagues. In a league, the best team wins by the end of the season. In a knockout, it only takes one bad day (or two bad minutes) to cost you the tournament. Anyway, City have been the better side in almost every CL defeat under Guardiola. It's not much more than a long string of bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.