Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the question on many people's minds is "would the current City squad be better under Klopp than Pep?".

We'll obviously never know, but it's one of those questions that will no doubt be debated at great length in the future.

Personally, I suspect that we would have won the CL by now under Klopp. Even with Haaland involved, I still don't think we'll win it under Pep.
The key is to keep our backline fit in the latter half of the season, so that we don't have to suffer like we did. Stones and dias should have been rested more.

The only thing that I would change is to give young players more minutes so that we are not fearful of playing them when we have an injury list like we have. Bringing players through is a joyous part of supporting a club, for me, and in the many, many games that we have won clearly, bringing an Academy player on for 20 minutes, in addition to cup appearances, would really be positive.

I think the question on many people's minds is "would the current City squad be better under Klopp than Pep?".

We'll obviously never know, but it's one of those questions that will no doubt be debated at great length in the future.

Personally, I suspect that we would have won the CL by now under Klopp. Even with Haaland involved, I still don't think we'll win it under Pep.
And we wouldn't have won some of the leagues and cups we've won. The reality is Pep has won more titles than Klopp(4 times more I think), his teams are gonna be waaay more remembered in history than Klopp's and his style has revolutioned football 10 times more than Klopp's style has. Anyone that knows anything about football history knows if they both retired today Pep is gonna be 10 times more remembered than Klopp will ever be.

And we wouldn't have won some of the leagues and cups we've won. The reality is Pep has won more titles than Klopp(4 times more I think), his teams are gonna be waaay more remembered in history than Klopp's and his style has revolutioned football 10 times more than Klopp's style has. Anyone that knows anything about football history knows if they both retired today Pep is gonna be 10 times more remembered than Klopp will ever be.
You really haven't grasped what I'm saying in my posts.

I doubt very much that Klopp would have bettered or eve equalled Pep's domestic record at City. That's a debate for people in the future

All I'm saying is that I believe Klopp would have won the CL at City last season, if not earlier.

I think he would probably have won the CL at Bayern if he had been in charge rather than Pep.

I just don’t think that Pep will win the CL at City. We'll win it one day, but I honestly think it will be under a different coach.

Let’s hope his comments about Liverpool only winning one title in 32 years doesn’t come back to bite him next week. I don’t think he’d recover from Liverpool winning a quadruple, it would kill him.

Please don't put such dark thoughts out there into the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.