Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does look sometimes like hes trying to fit everyone in this season, last season you pretty much knew our starting 11 and we was far more solid.

Reactions: JDV
Does look sometimes like hes trying to fit everyone in this season, last season you pretty much knew our starting 11 and we was far more solid.
The main change from midweek was bringing in Gundogan - and he was one of our better players. The players that had the worst games (Rodri, Dias, Walker) would have all been in pretty much every City fan's starting XI

The main change from midweek was bringing in Gundogan - and he was one of our better players. The players that had the worst games (Rodri, Dias, Walker) would have all been in pretty much every City fan's starting XI
It was more the front three really. Last season during the UCL it was Mahrez - KDB - Foden. I think putting KDB back in midfield is a mistake in the high profile games. But we also have Sterling, Grealish and Jesus to fit in as well (not sure if Palmer is considered there yet)

Wolves beat Spurs 2-0 last week with a 19 year old kid making his first ever start for them. The idea that Delap is too inexperienced to come and stand in the box and use his physical presence is just bollocks
I have seen a lot of people say don't put academy players in tough situations? I mean why? Character is tested in tough situations not when you put academy player on field when you are 3/4 up. Posters here seem to have already decided that these youth players won't make any impact while we are chasing the game.

Didn't have the stomach to watch the match after I saw the line-up and with the added pressure of opening my own business.

If you want to know what is happening, read his comments from his interview that he gave weeks ago, where he said that Dias, Stones and others don't defend well, hence they have to retain possession as much as they can as a team.

If you read between the lines, he was essentially claiming that we don't need the mobility and work rate of Bernardo and Foden in the midfield and as long as we keep that ball, we will win. As a result, for three straight games, he has allowed Rodri to be exposed. That's him being stubborn and it will cost us the title.

The back four look lost today, they bring the ball forward but then hit a brick wall of players, there is literally no space to get the ball to the midfield, we need one of the central playmakers to drop back drawing some of the opposition and leaving space to exploit, otherwise we have 21 players in the last third, it’s too slow and congested. There also u lie previous years less options when someone has the ball, previously there were 3-4 out balls for every player in position now it’s just recycled backwards. I suppose if they don’t have the ball the opposition can’t score but it’s not helping us going forward. This isn’t a reaction to tonight’s game but it’s been happening over the last few months, we managed to get wins but it’s been hard work.
This is one of the reason we will again fail at the CL, Pep is stubborn and some players seem undroppabl, KDB has been poor for weeks, yet still starts, I’m sorry but Bernardo and gundogan would be starting for me. The next game against the rags will hopefully be easier as they should be more open against us, however they seem to step up against us at home, Stones needs to be central again with Dias as Laporte has dropped off dramatically, but again Pep seems to insist he starts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.