Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Foden is seeing the ball less then he is playing the false 9 poorly.

He needs to be more intelligent dropping deep and involving himself and making timed runs into the box to finish chances. It is incredibly difficult to do, Kane knows how to do it and is VERY involved in Tottenhams attack.

Pep probably wants Foden to learn it, because Foden can be very dangerous if he drops deep and creates, but he doesn't do it enough for me, or does it at the wrong times when it's pointless. This is why the false 9 is so hard to play well. It requires an experienced mind to pull it off well imo.

This is also why I want Kev there instead. He knows how to play it as he showed last season in our amazing run.

I like your post but I want Pep to be honest and down to earth. It’s all good to want to have your youngster add another skill-set but priority is to win the league and that requires giving your most important players the opportunity to do what they know best in their most favored positions. Foden clearly looks lost sometimes at false nine. Free the guy to do his job on the left and of you must play Grealish, he can do a job at the center too.
I hope we return to what worked so well last season for the next two months. I'd like to see Foden back on the left where he had his breakout season, Mahrez on the right, Bernardo back to his best position at RCM alongside Gundogan leaving the false nine for KDB who is our best option to play that role anyway. I honestly think we could win the two big ones with that front five. Unfortunately this requires leaving Grealish out which I doubt will happen as unlike most new signings in their first season, Pep has started him most weeks.

Surely stopping Klopp matching or bettering his achievements at City will sharpen his focus. Needs to up the tempo.
Plenty saying we were unlucky against Palace, nothing unlucky about missing gaping nets from 3 or 4 yards out.
The press has become half hearted at best, that needs to change and quick too.

FPf15lXX0AcvAjq

Love it when Pep gets pissy with the media. Just saw his interview from last night, it ended with "tonight the manager was so clever" not even a wry smile either stone cold deadpan face.

If pep wants to stay forever then what are we waiting for tixi get the jumper out and set the table .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.