Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably shows that despite what the media say our squad isn’t quite as strong as it’s perceived. I mean apart from Gundo I wasn’t really arsed either about him making a change to bring Sterling or Jesus on. It’s usually inevitable the subs will happen with 10/20 to go when you’ve not scored but can’t say I was sat there thinking Jesus or Sterling would be game changers with a team sat so deep.

I assume that was Peps thinking otherwise Foden would have been hooked.
i agree with this . we no longer have the squad we once had. Raz and Gabby may not be game changers as such but they would have given Palace something different to think about .they had dug in and we were getting nowhere.
i could see it, Viera could see it , even Didsbury Dave's Mum could see it, why didn't Pep?

i agree with this . we no longer have the squad we once had. Raz and Gabby may not be game changers as such but they would have given Palace something different to think about .they had dug in and we were getting nowhere.
i could see it, Viera could see it , even Didsbury Dave's Mum could see it, why didn't Pep?
I don’t know, you tell us why you think the most successful manager we have ever had ( with a squad not what it was, you say) couldn’t see something apparently so obvious.

Top of the league, quarter final of the Fa cup, quarter final of Champions league. Pretty faultless so far this season.

Was it just me? I felt that Pep could have tweaked things a little bit. Even if he wouldn’t make any subs, he could easily have had Foden and Grealish switch roles. At least Grealish has played in the center in some tough games like Chelsea and Liverpool and did well. Pep seemed not arsed about shaking things up at all.

And let’s not pretend that Foden had a poor game just because he was poor, when we all know that he tends to see the ball less whenever he is playing false nine and only relies on moments of brilliance to affect the game.

Pep is a genius but tactically I thought he could have done better on the night. No shame in admitting this because afterall he’s only human.

Was it just me? I felt that Pep could have tweaked things a little bit. Even if he wouldn’t make any subs, he could easily have had Foden and Grealish switch roles. At least Grealish has played in the center in some tough games like Chelsea and Liverpool and did well. Pep seemed not arsed about shaking things up at all.

And let’s not pretend that Foden had a poor game just because he was poor, when we all know that he tends to see the ball less whenever he is playing false nine and only relies on moments of brilliance to affect the game.

Pep is a genius but tactically I thought he could have done better on the night. No shame in admitting this because afterall he’s only human.
If Foden is seeing the ball less then he is playing the false 9 poorly.

He needs to be more intelligent dropping deep and involving himself and making timed runs into the box to finish chances. It is incredibly difficult to do, Kane knows how to do it and is VERY involved in Tottenhams attack.

Pep probably wants Foden to learn it, because Foden can be very dangerous if he drops deep and creates, but he doesn't do it enough for me, or does it at the wrong times when it's pointless. This is why the false 9 is so hard to play well. It requires an experienced mind to pull it off well imo.

This is also why I want Kev there instead. He knows how to play it as he showed last season in our amazing run.

If Foden is seeing the ball less then he is playing the false 9 poorly.

He needs to be more intelligent dropping deep and involving himself and making timed runs into the box to finish chances. It is incredibly difficult to do, Kane knows how to do it and is VERY involved in Tottenhams attack.

Pep probably wants Foden to learn it, because Foden can be very dangerous if he drops deep and creates, but he doesn't do it enough for me, or does it at the wrong times when it's pointless. This is why the false 9 is so hard to play well. It requires an experienced mind to pull it off well imo.

This is also why I want Kev there instead. He knows how to play it as he showed last season in our amazing run.
I like your post but I want Pep to be honest and down to earth. It’s all good to want to have your youngster add another skill-set but priority is to win the league and that requires giving your most important players the opportunity to do what they know best in their most favored positions. Foden clearly looks lost sometimes at false nine. Free the guy to do his job on the left and of you must play Grealish, he can do a job at the center too.

Top of the league, quarter final of the Fa cup, quarter final of Champions league. Pretty faultless so far this season.
Yes,he has overseen an excellent season so far,however....that doesn't negate the fact we have also been the masters of our own downfall in several games,and he did nothing to try and alter that.

Sometimes our tactics need tweaking,one size has never fit all.

Yes,he has overseen an excellent season so far,however....that doesn't negate the fact we have also been the masters of our own downfall in several games,and he did nothing to try and alter that.

Sometimes our tactics need tweaking,one size has never fit all.

I think that is just Peps way with the players we have. Its Plan A and if that does not work a variance of Plan A. Not getting a top class striker in the summer has pretty much forced that.

I cannot think of a game we have been masters of our downfall tactically. We have a set pattern of play and usually its failing is due to the performance of the players. I suppose you could argue Spurs but even in that game poor play was a primary cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.