Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's happened to the inverted fullback strategy? Seems to have completely disappeared in the last 2 months.

Cancelo basically playing like a winger rather than helping control midfield and ping balls over the top and Walker is so wide but crossing or ball control has never been a strength of his.

Possibly coinciding with double inverted wingers with Foden F9 and no longer LW.

Kinda miss it.
Yeah, it’s a good point. Obviously there was that great shot from Cancelo when inside but during normal play he was mainly just out wide. Probably is to do with the 2 inverted wingers and neither of them having the pace to go on the outside properly. It’s worked at times but I always prefer at least one winger playing on their natural side to provide some genuine width. As opposed to starting very wide but always having to cut back inside and effectively slow the move down.

I don’t see that a sub means the result is different which is what people appear to be saying.

yes a sub might well have been made but the result is not a consequence of not making one.

usual suspects piling in as per
Probably shows that despite what the media say our squad isn’t quite as strong as it’s perceived. I mean apart from Gundo I wasn’t really arsed either about him making a change to bring Sterling or Jesus on. It’s usually inevitable the subs will happen with 10/20 to go when you’ve not scored but can’t say I was sat there thinking Jesus or Sterling would be game changers with a team sat so deep.

I assume that was Peps thinking otherwise Foden would have been hooked.

If we lose the title it will be a shame, but not a disaster. Liverpool are a very good side. While we have a wonderful collection of midfielders they have a plethora of strikers.
We tend to have hot days, Lisbon away, followed by cold days in front of goal.
That's because Mahrez aside none of our forward players is a striker at heart.
The pressure is now on Liverpool. Arsenal are playing well. Let's see how it unfolds.

If we lose the title it will be a shame, but not a disaster. Liverpool are a very good side. While we have a wonderful collection of midfielders they have a plethora of strikers.
The pressure is now on Liverpool. Arsenal are playing well. Let's see how it unfolds.

If we lose the title it’ll be down to just a couple of games including last nights debacle.

Pep is a stubborn bastard,however I’m still convinced we will be singing his name loudly in May after lifting the title once again

If we get 90 or more points this season without a striker we'll have had a pretty good season. I think that would be enough to win it. If not then well done liverpool, we get a striker and win it back next year.

He had the power to change things but didn't. His failure to use the bench was probably the worst decision of the night. The team was screaming to be changed.

Pep deserves every negative comment tonight.
Before the game, I read somewhere that Palace play on a very narrow pitch. Perhaps that might explain why so many of our crossfield passes were overhit. IF that has some merit then you would expect Pep to have a plan B. Even Einstein got a few things wrong!

AMAZING, GUYS!

In Spain we have a youtuber called Djmario, he does a channel about football.

And you know, just an amateur guy that can play football like a 3rd division Liga player. He is not professional is more like a charismatic guy like all those youtubers can connect with people.

The traslation is that Pep says "I watched some matches played of me like a player years and years ago, and I played bad in some ways".

Then Djmario a answer "yes, me too. I watch me in video and sometimes I play bad, no fast...".

Then Pep answer them "yes you are ok. You play football VERY BAD".

"Are you telling me I play football very bad?", and Pep answer "yes, Im so serious. Im not joking. You play HORRIBLE. You don't know how to play soccer".

Hahahaha. Its fucking amazing. Pep is like a child who always says what he thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.