Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe when we're allowed 10 subs he might make a few changes .
Annoyingly predictable fa cup semi final exit again, not that it will bother him much.
That complex that Pep have with subs, is so annoying.. Mahrez decisive on the 2nd goal only entered because Gaby was knocked and had to leave.. Love Pep but it showed no much desire to win this and that message passed to players also..also in a game with so many changes due to tiredness maybe Ederson should have played today.. Well, he has enough credit, let's win Wednesday and try to win Premier League and UCL

Difficult to work him out some days.

Why put a shit team out in the semi final and not look remotely interested in winning it, after playing decent teams out in rounds 3, 4, 5 and 6?

If you want to give the players a rest, why not throw it in round 3 and play 4 fewer games?

Can't believe a manager of his calibre showed an inept show of empathy today with some of that starting 11.

Fernandinho hasn't played hardly all season amd he selects him to play against Liverpool in a semi final.??

Same with Zinchenko. He's hardly played for personal reasons.

And Steffen is no Ederson.

Out of all the managers we've had in the past I thought Pep would be the one to throw sentiment to one side.

He's got the balls but I think he left them in Madrid mid week.

I for one don't have an issue with the lack of changes from the bench today. The game was virtually gone through two or three personal errors. As I said in the match day thread Jesus scores that sitter - and it was an awful miss - then bring on your big guns but do it too early and the extra effort on injured muscles, joints could cost far more. The simple fact is many Liverpool players were rested against Benfica, perhaps because they had done the hard work in Portugal whereas we didn't get the second against Atletico which would have meant some rotation - this even short rest meant they had far more intensity in the first 30 mins and ran us ragged.

Our shoulders slumped in the first half and some began to feel a bit sorry for themselves. In these moments you learn a lot about character and Pep will understand that for the run in. At least we did show some pride in the later stages and I am especially pleased Jack got a goal, which will do him the world of good. That finish was not as easy as it looked.

Players are not machines and at elite level a couple of days off is very important. We now need to reflect on this, clear our minds and bodies then go and win the league. I will not be able to stomach it if they win the quadruple. Pep gave this game up a bit because if we had played Kev, Rodri and Ederson we win simple as - but the cost may have been losing out in the league. I fully support that approach.

I also think Pep has clearly decided after 2 years without a top finisher we must get one - other teams have reacted to our false nine style so now our main man will make the subtle changes needed to keep us ahead of the pack. Haaland and Alvarez add power, pace and finishing. Who will make way? Perhaps, Jesus, Raheem or even Bernardo (if still missing the sun) sad, maybe, but this is evolvement and there is not one manager who I would rather have take us through it.

Cheer up all, WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE!

I have no issues with either the selection, except possiby Gundogan for Foden after Wednesday, nor the subs really , maybe if we’d scored the second earlier.
After Wednesday didn’t really expect a win against a fresh liverpool.
Thought we’d win 2 from the 3 competitions so hopefully we still will.

I have no issues with either the selection, except possiby Gundogan for Foden after Wednesday, nor the subs really , maybe if we’d scored the second earlier.
After Wednesday didn’t really expect a win against a fresh liverpool.
Thought we’d win 2 from the 3 competitions so hopefully we still will.

Gundogan is injured apparently, which leaves the question as to why he was even on the bench?!

Can't believe a manager of his calibre showed an inept show of empathy today with some of that starting 11.

Fernandinho hasn't played hardly all season amd he selects him to play against Liverpool in a semi final.??

Same with Zinchenko. He's hardly played for personal reasons.

And Steffen is no Ederson.

Out of all the managers we've had in the past I thought Pep would be the one to throw sentiment to one side.

He's got the balls but I think he left them in Madrid mid week.
To use a snooker analogy, in certain (big) games when there has been an easy pot of the black off its spot he has instead chosen to send the white off 3 baulk cushions,to try & glance it into the middle pocket...

Difficult to work him out some days.

Why put a shit team out in the semi final and not look remotely interested in winning it, after playing decent teams out in rounds 3, 4, 5 and 6?

If you want to give the players a rest, why not throw it in round 3 and play 4 fewer games?
Yeah seems strange. The FA Cup Final is the final game of the season, so once you get to the semis, it's already been as disruptive as it's going to be. Other than extra time, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.