Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He picked the correct team and was right not to make any subs due to the circumstances of the game after 45 mins.

He thought of the bigger picture but the thing is he’s now got to go secure that bigger picture and win the league and the Champs league.

Stood by his word to play his 'cup keeper' and paid the penalty. In my opinion, Steffen never looked comfortable at any point in the match.

If he'd picked Ederson, we'd probably be in the final. We could say exactly the same about last season

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Pep should have learned from it last season. There's no room for sentiment if you want to win trophies.

Could Pep have done better today? i think the answer has to be yes.

Hopefully,it will all be worthwhile if we lift the two trophies we are still in the race for.

I have to say though,i'm getting used to the routine now....
I'd write off the CL today so we can put everything into the PL.

Pep's brief is to win the CL. That's why he was brought to City. That's why he gets the big bucks. That's what he'll prioritise.

I said at the start of the season that I would see top 4 and a trophy as a great season in the absence of a striker. We're still on track...

I can understand not bringing on first team players, but we’ve got Liam Delap on the bench that is a proven goalscorer at EDS level. Nobody can tell me that Sterling is more likely to score a goal from half a chance than Delap. There’s nothing to lose throwing him on for the last 15 minutes.

wrong, Delap might get injured and then he misses important EDS games.
sounds stupid? yes I know, but thats the only plausible explanation

He is working on a different plane of thought to most of us, but that makes days like today, last seasons FA cup semi and the CL final so frustrating as he doesn’t seem able to accept his tactics/team selection aren’t working and to change even though it is obvious to us mere mortals. We needed to change it at half time. Why no Laporte? Marhez and De Byrne should have been on at half time. He is so stubborn and is happy to lose a big game rather than admit he’s got it wrong and change it

I can understand not bringing on first team players, but we’ve got Liam Delap on the bench that is a proven goalscorer at EDS level. Nobody can tell me that Sterling is more likely to score a goal from half a chance than Delap. There’s nothing to lose throwing him on for the last 15 minutes.
How “prolific” actually is Delap at EDS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.