Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without doubt I think Pep is our best manager ever but he really does make some strange decisions sometimes, The team today was absolutly crying out for changes, even from half time, but to leave it so late to bring mahrez on was just madness & I think he only came on because jesus got injured.

hopefully we can get it done but we have not been great since December

He also needs to show a bit more respect to the FA Cup. His obsession with CL is astounding.

Last edited:
Can't believe a manager of his calibre showed an inept show of empathy today with some of that starting 11.

Fernandinho hasn't played hardly all season amd he selects him to play against Liverpool in a semi final.??

Same with Zinchenko. He's hardly played for personal reasons.

And Steffen is no Ederson.

Out of all the managers we've had in the past I thought Pep would be the one to throw sentiment to one side.

He's got the balls but I think he left them in Madrid mid week.

It's not sentiment. The cup goalkeeper plays the cup games. Rodri needed a rest and Fernandinho is his understudy. Walker is out, Dias is just coming back from injury, and Laporte needed a rest too, so in comes Zinchenko, the only other fullback we have.

That's the squad he's working with

I’ve just looked at the line ups for the other 4 games we’ve played in the FA Cup this season and today was arguably the weakest team we’ve put out so far. It was also a weaker team than the one we played in the CL dead rubber vs Leipzig. I appreciate there are reasons for it, but I really think going forward he needs to start playing much weaker teams in those sorts of games so our main players aren’t absolutely knackered come the end of the season.

It's not sentiment. The cup goalkeeper plays the cup games. Rodri needed a rest and Fernandinho is his understudy. Walker is out, Dias is just coming back from injury, and Laporte needed a rest too, so in comes Zinchenko, the only other fullback we have.

That's the squad he's working with

That‘s pretty much how I see it. No real issue with the team selection.
Do think he should have made a couple of changes sooner - felt with 20-25 mins to go there was a chance to have a real go at them. But can understand why he didn‘t.

That‘s pretty much how I see it. No real issue with the team selection.
Do think he should have made a couple of changes sooner - felt with 20-25 mins to go there was a chance to have a real go at them. But can understand why he didn‘t.
There would have been had Jesus not missed a fucking certain goal for any decent striker. Had we gone 3-2 then, I think De Bruyne would have been on. As he missed, Pep didn’t think it was worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.