Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest mistake is not replacing sane, sergio and dave with equivelent players or any players in the striker dept , big mistake
Transfers are hit and miss. If it was so easy to replace legends then the scum would be challenging again. The club get more right than wrong and that is why we can compete each season.

Only move Pep could have made was playing Ederson however Steffan is played in the cups and he stuck to it.

Every other change he had to as we just had a bruising match 2 days before.

The problem, as I see it, is that Sane and Torres left without replacement, Aguero left without replacement so he's asked to work miracles without a striker and the club have left it a season too late to bring in a Fernandinho replacement. We are also without a LB replacement however that was out of their hands.

As such that's 3 players short.
I must have missed the Thursday game, no wonder we looked tired

Biggest mistake is not replacing sane, sergio and dave with equivelent players or any players in the striker dept , big mistake

Foden replaces Sane, Bernardo replaces Dave. That's as good a replacement as we can get. If we get Haaland, then I think it's worth the wait for a year of not having a striker.

Of course the Madrid ties both took a toll on the team. Particularly as the bulk of the team are playing one big game after another. However the lack of quality conversion of chances creates the very situation we now face. We played conservatively in the home tie with Madrid doing just enough to establish a lead and keep those core players reasonably fresh for Liverpool. We had chances to have a 2 or 3 goal lead to take to Madrid but instead spurned them whilst dominating possession. That set up a tough away leg where yet again our possession was not converted into goals to kill the tie led to the energy sapping last 25 minutes.
So to me it seems this all goes back to not replacing the strike force. Goals not possession win games.

I get that but not replacing sergio and sanes goals was a real open goal , no pun intended
Sanes goals were replaced, even before he’d left, Agueros not yet but will be this summer. We tried last summer but couldn’t get who we wanted. Which second rate stop gap should we have got instead and would that have been better than waiting a season for Haaland? Got to see the bigger picture and if we win the league this year while waiting for the player we want then it’s job well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.