Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only move Pep could have made was playing Ederson however Steffan is played in the cups and he stuck to it.

Every other change he had to as we just had a bruising match 2 days before.

The problem, as I see it, is that Sane and Torres left without replacement, Aguero left without replacement so he's asked to work miracles without a striker and the club have left it a season too late to bring in a Fernandinho replacement. We are also without a LB replacement however that was out of their hands.

As such that's 3 players short.

I think Sane and Aguero leaving isn’t just an issue of losing two quality players.

We’ve lost the clinical nature of our team alongside the pace and balance of the forward line.

Losing them has made us one dimensional and whilst it’s a fucking great single dimension to have, it leaves us short on certain occasions.

Pep’s peak City side has the most dominant attack, defence and ability to control the game. This side is nowhere near as potent even if it does control games more.

Good post.

As for yesterday's team,he could have made up the shortfall and ensured a couple more square pegs in square holes by using the Academy lads.
Playing Steffen,in an already uncohesive defense,was fucking ludicrous.

He doesn’t use academy players unless it’s a pretty simple game,I can’t believe people still call for these actions when he has proved time after time he doesn’t trust any of them.shame but true

He doesn’t use academy players unless it’s a pretty simple game,I can’t believe people still call for these actions when he has proved time after time he doesn’t trust any of them.shame but true

He doesn’t and it came back to bite him yesterday.

He has had so many opportunities to play McAtee, Delap, Palmer and Edozie and refuse to do it because apparently it’s more important to give Fernandinho 10 minutes against Leeds when we’re 7-0 up to keep him happy than blood Lavia.

And then we get to a game like yesterday where everyone is fucking exhausted or injured but the academy kids aren’t real options.

our bench yesterday -

Dias - not fit
Gundogan - not fit enough to come on according to Pep
Laporte
Rodri
De Bruyne - not fit enough to come on according to Pep
Mahrez
Ederson
Delap - not useable
Lavia - not useable

So our 9 man bench was actually a 4 man bench - and 2 of those were being rested because they were knackered after playing 2 of the biggest games of the season back to back.

If he used the kids when he had the chance, we’d have had some options to win a very winnable game yesterday.

He doesn’t and it came back to bite him yesterday.

He has had so many opportunities to play McAtee, Delap, Palmer and Edozie and refuse to do it because apparently it’s more important to give Fernandinho 10 minutes against Leeds when we’re 7-0 up to keep him happy than blood Lavia.

And then we get to a game like yesterday where everyone is fucking exhausted or injured but the academy kids aren’t real options.

our bench yesterday -

Dias - not fit
Gundogan - not fit
Laporte
Rodri
De Bruyne - not fit
Mahrez
Ederson
Delap - not useable
Lavia - not useable

So our 9 man bench was actually a 4 man bench - and 2 of those were being rested because they were knackered after playing 2 of the biggest games of the season back to back.
Dont think eric was there

Sensible viewpoint, some buggers on here should lear from you how to debate instead of hitting the roof and getting their knickers in a twist whenever someone does not agree with their agenda.
Getting called out for making stupid comments is par for the course. The mods that keep deleting my posts should bar me or stop. Fucking ridiculous.

Only move Pep could have made was playing Ederson however Steffan is played in the cups and he stuck to it.

Every other change he had to as we just had a bruising match 2 days before.

The problem, as I see it, is that Sane and Torres left without replacement, Aguero left without replacement so he's asked to work miracles without a striker and the club have left it a season too late to bring in a Fernandinho replacement. We are also without a LB replacement however that was out of their hands.

As such that's 3 players short.
I remember Pellers sticking with a Cup keeper, winning the cup because that cup keeper won us the penalty shoot out, and being absolutely excoriated on here precisely because he played the cup keeper.
A common slur thrown at him for winning us that cup in the way he did was that he was a “fucking corpse”, and a “fucking old ****” and they were two of the nicer ones.
And he did all that in the season that he was publicly humiliated by the club and made a world wide laughing stock in the world of football. A true gentleman and a frankly brilliant manager that this club did not deserve.

Not relevant to you personally but just wanted to throw it out there.

will go down in history as a stubborn, clueless and overrated coach
Things like this do not help your overall argument. I agree with the pointless tinkering in 3 separate Chelsea matches last season or his lack of subs yesterday, the man's not perfect for sure, but he's absolutely the best coach out there based on his record and some of the football we've watched over the last 5 or so years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.