Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made myself clear. I am entiltled to my opinion, if anyone is willing to debate it respectfully I will be more than happy to read their thoughts. There is no gospel truth and this is forum not an echo chamber and that was part of the reason I joined in. People who can not accept different opinions are toxic.
You are entitled to your opinion, plenty of people have ripped it apart already though so I won't bother.

I can see why you think there are similarities with Chelsea last season. We lost three big games to them in quick succession and if we get Liverpool in the CL final, there’s a chance that we could fail to beat them three times in quick succession as well. That obviously would not be a good luck for Pep.

However, there are some huge differences. In those three games against Chelsea last season we had 1 good 45 minutes of football. In the three games against Liverpool this season we’ve had 1 bad 45 minutes of football.

We’ll be extremely motivated to beat them and I’d fancy our chances against them in any final.

That said, there’s no guarantee we will get past Madrid and the PL has to be our priority.
Sensible viewpoint, some buggers on here should lear from you how to debate instead of hitting the roof and getting their knickers in a twist whenever someone does not agree with their agenda.

This is very reminiscent of last season situation when we had several fixtures against Chelsea in a short span of time and Pep started tinkering with the team and do his usual stupid overthinking. The avoidable loss against them in the cup got into Pep and players head prior to CL final and cost us a title that we could have clinched easily ! I do not buy into the “ I do not care about CL” nonsense and winning the PL title won’t make up for it in any way shape or form. I won’t forgive him if he bottles it again and he will go down in history as a stubborn, clueless and overrated coach as far as I am concerned. Not winning the PL and CL this season will be criminal and will tarnish all Pep’s achievements with City as that would offer the titles to the dippers on a silver platter. My take might be unpopulare among Pep’s worshippers on here but i don’t care.
That right there is the ravings of a mad man.
Do you actually believe if we don't win anything this season (I think we will btw) that it will tarnish winning the domestic quadruple or getting 100 points?
Both things that have never been done before?
I await your reply.

Only move Pep could have made was playing Ederson however Steffan is played in the cups and he stuck to it.

Every other change he had to as we just had a bruising match 2 days before.

The problem, as I see it, is that Sane and Torres left without replacement, Aguero left without replacement so he's asked to work miracles without a striker and the club have left it a season too late to bring in a Fernandinho replacement. We are also without a LB replacement however that was out of their hands.

As such that's 3 players short.

Dear Pep,

Yesterday was the last match of the season. Have a nice break and we'll see you in August.
Alternatively, stay here as we have a few "friendlies" coming up where it would be nice for our fans if you could play our strongest team available. You know, give them something to do, as we are paying them a few bob a week.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Sensible viewpoint, some buggers on here should lear from you how to debate instead of hitting the roof and getting their knickers in a twist whenever someone does not agree with their agenda.

To be fair, I posted some hyperbole against Pep after yesterday’s result and got a bit of stick for it. I just liked the comment and ignore

IMO, it’s fair game for posters to tell me to fuck off if I’m posting over exaggerated stuff. I think that’s why your initial post has rubbed some people up the wrong way.

Pep’s achievements will never be deleted and he will go down as one the the greatest PL managers of all time. The issue is over whether he is the best which is subjective.

One things for certain, if Liverpool do the quadruple, which is possible, it will end the debate. They will be remembered as the greatest side of this generation and rightly so. There’s a good chance they will have to directly defeat us in three of the four competitions to do it.

To flip it, it Pep can do a PL and CL double then I think he also ends the debate. It’s all to play for and I hope Pep learns from last season to see us over the line on the CL.

That right there is the ravings of a mad man.
Do you actually believe if we don't win anything this season (I think we will btw) that it will tarnish winning the domestic quadruple or getting 100 points?
Both things that have never been done before?
I await your reply.
In the cold light of day, it will not. I just can not put up with dippers winning Cl/ or and PL and I want to win CL trophy so badly because we have simply the best team in the world in all compartments (barring the center forward). I do not want either to hear rivals brag about their CL trophies. Besides, if we break the curse, it will whet our appetite for more to come.

Dear Pep,

Yesterday was the last match of the season. Have a nice break and we'll see you in August.
Alternatively, stay here as we have a few "friendlies" coming up where it would be nice for our fans if you could play our strongest team available.

Cheers.

Or if you can’t do that let us know asap if you are keen to try again in August,some will be easy either way,some will want you to stay,some will want you to go.

However here’s a little word of warning if we don’t manage to win anything this season,you may well want to consider the situation a lot more seriously than some of your team selections.

Let us know as soon as you can,before us fans get our price increase emails for next season tickets

cheers

Only move Pep could have made was playing Ederson however Steffan is played in the cups and he stuck to it.

Every other change he had to as we just had a bruising match 2 days before.

The problem, as I see it, is that Sane and Torres left without replacement, Aguero left without replacement so he's asked to work miracles without a striker and the club have left it a season too late to bring in a Fernandinho replacement. We are also without a LB replacement however that was out of their hands.

As such that's 3 players short.
Good post.

As for yesterday's team,he could have made up the shortfall and ensured a couple more square pegs in square holes by using the Academy lads.
Playing Steffen,in an already uncohesive defense,was fucking ludicrous.

I don’t think pep had much choice yesterday. Maybe tactics were a bit naive up against Liverpool’s first team.

he wins league & champs leagues then the loss to Liverpool will be a big part of that success this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.