Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really blame him for last night

Game plan worked - Real didn't have a shot on goal for 89 mins.
First sub i found strange - he's taking KDB off?? then i thought about it and he was ineffective, and immediately his replacement created a goal.

Grealish sub - could have scored twice

Fernandinho sub - missed a sitter.

Sometimes you can't legislate for bad misses and awful defending

All that said, we were left lacking in guile and firepower in extra time. Whether that was due to our subs, our lack of a striker, tiredness, players bottling it or whatever is open to debate

The only fact that matters after last night is we completely lost our heads and choked
We did you are right but in summary:

Incorrect added on time (again)
Bookings/Sendings off not given to Real for bad tackles
Bookings given to City players for nothing challenges
Consistentley given wrong decisions in CL knockout games over the last few years

These are the facts, now you can look at them in 2 ways. We are just plain unluckly OR there is an UEFA agenda at play against us here, remember this is an organisation that did us once and tried to do us twice.
Fact is they hate us and wouldn't want us crowned Champions. It's all about the protected Carter and we will never ever be one of them.

Since Pep last won CL in 2011:
Di Matteo , Chelsea
Heynckes, Bayern
Ancelotti, Real
Enrique, Barca
3x Zidane, Real
Klopp, Pool
Flick, Bayern
Tuchel, Chelsea

Pep takin over the treble team from Heynckes they probably thought that they will dominate CL with Pep and all they got was 3 lost semi finals. no wonder many Bayern fans I talked to still furious with him.

I don’t think your giving Mancini the credit he deserves, it’s he who changed the mentality of the club and fans imo, it’s him who recovered a 8 point deficit with 6 games to go, and it’s him who won the mind games with the press and more importantly Ferguson.

I love Mancini but let’s not forget we capitulated to that 8 point deficit having been top for most of the season. We were toast after that game at the Emirates and plenty on here calling for his head.

United’s subsequent collapse was unprecedented and we did brilliantly to capitalise but that season was anything but plain sailing.

Bad man management in the last phase. Brought attacking players on 0:1. We needed Ake. He would block those crosses from the left.
Pep is genius but he still can improve his game.

I love Mancini but let’s not forget we capitulated to that 8 point deficit having been top for most of the season. We were toast after that game at the Emirates and plenty on here calling for his head.

United’s subsequent collapse was unprecedented and we did brilliantly to capitalise but that season was anything but plain sailing.
Do you really think going for a first title in 44 yrs there isn’t going to be peaks n troughs throughout the season, Mancini deserves credit for beating the rags and the mainstream media at there own game and winning that title, anyone trying to compare him with Pep is a fuckin idiot, of course Pep is the better manager.

Ok....ive had time to reflect.

He is in something of a transition period,the squad is in need of refreshing,and the 4 maybe 5 incomings,with the same number leaving,should ensure that the weaknesses and imbalances are addressed.

I havent been overly impressed that our squad has been allowed to get down to the bare bones,but it has....so that now needs rectifying and i think Pep is still very much the best man to oversee that and hopefully allow a new approach to bring home the bacon.

Saying that....if next season doesnt see the CL trophy with our name on it,then off he pops and we find a man who can.

Manchester City is unfortunate, but we've seen it before. During these two matches, they have endless opportunities to kill the match, but miss too many chances, and let in cheap goals. Haaland will definitely solve the first, but they also need a strong and fast centerback.

Strangely enough, I feel that Manchester City is constantly dependent on the collective to work perfectly, while e.g. Liverpool have players, both offensively and defensively, who can decide matches even if they as a team do not play very well. Liverpool have more good individual players than Manchester City.

Manchester City have looked tired and lack the energy that Liverpool have. For an Everton supporter, this is a nightmare. Liverpool will unfortunately win everything this year. Real Madrid will not have a chance against them in the CL final, Manchester City will give up points in the league, and Chelsea are completely in disarray.

Manchester City is unfortunate, but we've seen it before. During these two matches, they have endless opportunities to kill the match, but miss too many chances, and let in cheap goals. Haaland will definitely solve the first, but they also need a strong and fast centerback.

Strangely enough, I feel that Manchester City is constantly dependent on the collective to work perfectly, while e.g. Liverpool have players, both offensively and defensively, who can decide matches even if they as a team do not play very well. Liverpool have more good individual players than Manchester City.

Manchester City have looked tired and lack the energy that Liverpool have. For an Everton supporter, this is a nightmare. Liverpool will unfortunately win everything this year. Real Madrid will not have a chance against them in the CL final, Manchester City will give up points in the league, and Chelsea are completely in disarray.
And Everton will get relegated. Silver lining and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.