Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok....ive had time to reflect.

He is in something of a transition period,the squad is in need of refreshing,and the 4 maybe 5 incomings,with the same number leaving,should ensure that the weaknesses and imbalances are addressed.

I havent been overly impressed that our squad has been allowed to get down to the bare bones,but it has....so that now needs rectifying and i think Pep is still very much the best man to oversee that and hopefully allow a new approach to bring home the bacon.

Saying that....if next season doesnt see the CL trophy with our name on it,then off he pops and we find a man who can.
No, because his position has never will never and should never be wholly dependant on winning the champions league or not winning it.

No, because his position has never will never and should never be wholly dependant on winning the champions league or not winning it.
Agree with your sentiments but klopp will continue to be the elephant in the room. 3 champions league finals with Liverpool and probably going to win his 2nd champions league with Liverpool later this month.

With what we have invested, won domestically as well as the current state of European sides such as Barcelona, Bayern, juve even this Real Madrid (this is not a great Madrid side imo) then it is a huge stain on peps cv that we haven’t won a champions league imo.

My personal belief is that we are too open to be successful in the champions league, I just don’t think peps style of football lends itself to European success. Domestically he is probably the best manager around however so it’s not all bad don’t get me wrong!

Think we have to accept his limitations and this is his level, he doesn't have that magical Barca team that was so far ahead of the rest and also played against teams that hadn't had 10 years to evolve to basically nullify the Cruyff way for this generation.

The same failings were present against Monaco, the 3-2, Liverpool in 2018, Spurs in 2019, Lyon and this season we've too often left something on the table.

It's not a bug, it's a feature of a Pep side. We have to live with it because he isn't going to change.

I disagree,thats ultimately why he was appointed.

Fans like yourself can belive different,but that alters nothing.

Right now,he is underachieving.

Agree with your sentiments but klopp will continue to be the elephant in the room. 3 champions league finals with Liverpool and probably going to win his 2nd champions league with Liverpool later this month.

With what we have invested, won domestically as well as the current state of European sides such as Barcelona, Bayern, juve even this Real Madrid (this is not a great Madrid side imo) then it is a huge stain on peps cv that we haven’t won a champions league imo.

My personal belief is that we are too open to be successful in the champions league, I just don’t think peps style of football lends itself to European success. Domestically he is probably the best manager around however so it’s not all bad don’t get me wrong!
You say it's not his style of football and that's true to a point but at 90 minutes we were winning 1-0 away and Grealish had 2 near misses,and the rebound some how evaded Foden. At that point it was a perfect away european performance. Then shit happened and nerves got to the players but we could very easily today been talking about our 2nd censecutive final.
If he stays until 2025, I expect more semi finals and finals, we may win one we may not ( I suspect we will) and if we win stuff domestically as we have been that's fine by me, and I suspect the club too.

I really don’t recall a game this season we should have lost or drawn or
out played. Every game we miss chance after chance that is the issue. With a striker we could of won every game this season.

fault is with board then players but asking players to be strikers when they are not gets them off the hook. Pep gets it right all the time.

Board need to get a new defender, midfielder & at least 2 strikers this summer otherwise we will be further behind Liverpool next season.

I disagree,thats ultimately why he was appointed.

Fans like yourself can belive different,but that alters nothing.

Right now,he is underachieving.
Well we all believe differently and have opinions, but only one really matters , and I would put money on ,if he extends to 25 and doesn't win the c/l next season, he won't be going anywhere and will be with us until 2025.

I sincerely hope nobody is putting last night’s result on Pep. It’s was almost universally agreed before the game that the starting eleven was the best we could have put out. The team was clearly well prepared (they always are) and even though we didn’t play great, for 90 minutes we did exactly what we had to do. Nobody is to blame for the two goals Real scored in a minute. Some people say Ederson could have done better for the first but I don’t agree. For the second there was a really lucky deflection off the head of one Real player on to the head of another.

I am still gutted but as Pep says “that’s football”.

S..t happens. Now we have to move on. Four more wins and we win the league again. Who knows, maybe Chelsea and Real can still burst the Dipper’s bubble.

Meanwhile Pep is still one of the best, if not the best, coach in world football and we are blessed to have him here.

Well we all believe differently and have opinions, but only one really matters , and I would put money on ,if he extends to 25 and doesn't win the c/l next season, he won't be going anywhere and will be with us until 2025.

Probably so,but as long as fails to win the ultimate prize,his reputation will continue to fall and our detractors,rivals and the media will continue to have
a ball.

I agree that he is still the best man for the job.

In cups, coincidences play a much bigger role than in the league. We have seen many examples of that, and it is not necessarily the best teams that win. In matches where the strength ratio between the teams is more equal, it will often be individual performances that are the difference. Had KB played at Manchester City, while Jesus or some of City's other offensive players had played for Real Madrid, this would have been an easy victory for City. I miss a player of KB's quality at City, especially offensively, who can give his team some simple goals, or create something out of nothing. For City, it is always the same recipe over and over again. Something that works mostly very well, but which is very vulnerable in single matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.